Holiday Lodge
US$162
US$157
US$128
US$118
Days Inn Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$128
US$122
Super 8 Madison(Madison)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$71
US$82
US$77
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 30 October 2008

We stayed here because all of the other nicer places were taken due to a UGA football game. When we checked in it was early in the day, and the entire building was filled with cigarette smoke. All the room's doors were open, and they too filled with smoke. I dropped an earring on the floor and when I checked under the heat/air unit to see if I lost anything else, it had not been vacuumed under there in a long time. Filthy!! The light panels over the bed fell on the bed while we were out.
We checked out a day early just to get out of there, and when we asked for a refund the clerk working the desk didn't know how to do it. We told him by the time we got back from breakfast we wanted a refund. He got the boss out of bed to do it. This is not my experience with other Microtel locations, so evidently it is just poorly maintained locally.

Stayed: October 2008
Reviewed 4 September 2008

We were happy with several features of this hotel. I found two of the staff members very helpful and all of them were friendly. The rooms had a very functional layout with TV, microwave, small frig, desk, and a long window seat that served us well as luggage racks. The AC also worked extremely well.

The main drawback was that this is the first place we have stayed where it was obvious that the bed did not have clean sheets on it. Since it was late at night when we discovered the problem, I asked for clean sheets and made up the bed myself. The lack of clean linens on the bed made me question whether the bathroom had been cleaned so I used some antibacterial handwipes to spot clean in there as well.

The price is good and includes a continental breakfast (which we never sampled because we were attending an event which included breakfast). But if we return to this area, we would probably stay in another motel.

• Stayed: August 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1  Thank GlobalRambler