“Southern Hospitality at its best!!”
Review of The Georgian Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
The Georgian Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Greenville B&B and Inns
Knoxville, Tennessee
“Southern Hospitality at its best!!”
Reviewed 10 May 2010

I will try and do justice to this beautiful home. We loved so many things about our stay from laying in the hammock under the trees with my best friend, The most comfortable bed away from home, Shari is a New Orleans flavored southern Chef. The food was a treat from the brownies when we arrived to the breakfast on our last day. I highly suggest you eat dinner at the Inn. You will not be disappointed. A four course meal like none other we have had. James and Sheri are a twosome that you will instanly feel like you have known them for years. I almost cried when I had to leave. Their Son was also very nice not what you usually get from a teen. We loved the dog Oatmeal. They are good about not letting him be around if you don't like dogs but in our case we couldn't get enough of her. The home is away from the hustle and bustle but not far to lots of antique shopping and fine dining. You will not be disappointed with your stay. We spent 2 nights and it was not nearly long enough. We stayed in the Scarlette room. Beautiful, clean, clean, clean with a nice chaise and lovely furniture. Oh yeah, be sure to buy all the jellies especially the praline. It is wonderful on ice-cream and french toast. Try it you will love your stay. Rick and Janis

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcculloughs

Atlanta
Reviewed 29 March 2010

We have stayed in many special places around the world so we were looking for a unique place to spend a special anniversary weekend. The Georgian Inn was a real find; historic and totally charming. Just an hour from the bustle of Atlanta it is a world away with beautifully furnished rooms. Callaway Gardens and Warm Springs are a short drive away. My wife and I stayed in the Governor Terrell Room with canopy bed and it was perfect.. James and Shari were great hosts and Shari's culinary skills resulted in unforgettable breakfasts and a very special 4-course steak and shrimp dinner with flair. We had heard that Shari was a gourmet chef, but not only was everything delicious, but taking on the challenge of a gluten free and dairy free appetizer of mediterranean humus (wonderful), and the dessert of bananas foster with coconut milk ice cream was truly outstanding! We appreciate her special efforts and the meal will be long remembered. We definitely will be back for the great food and hospitality.hjm

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Milner
Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I stayed this past weekend (3/6/2010) for one night. I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful this place is, but I'll try. The innkeepers, Shari and James, are very friendly and welcoming. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted warmly and offered FRESH, HOMEMADE brownies! They were soooo good!

The house is GORGEOUS. The screened porch was so relaxing! The weather was nice, and my husband and I enjoyed just sitting out there talking.

I would like to take a moment to say that my husband and I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts all over the US. We are very private people, and we do not like being forced to converse with other people staying at inns/bed & breakfasts. We go for the romantic aspect of these inns, NOT to meet people. Although we were the only people staying at the inn, I could tell that Shari and James wouldn't have made us socialize, and they would've taken measures to insure our privacy during the stay.

We stayed in the Rhett Butler room because I am a Gone with the Wind fanatic. I loved the pictures of Scarlett that adorned the room. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was super comfortable, and the temperature was perfect.

You have the opportunity to order dinner when you book a room at the inn. I HIGHLY suggest you do so. I don't think I've ever eaten so well! We were so full from the first three courses that we had to hold off on the dessert until later. Shari is the most amazing cook! I have eaten all over the world, and her meal was definitely one of the best I've ever had. ALSO - Shari and James let us eat dinner and breakfast in our room. They brought in a table for us, and they brought our meals to our room! We were very pleased with the in-room dining. The breakfast was even more delicious than the dinner, if that's possible. Her meals basically put ALL bed and breakfasts meals we've ever had to shame.

We had a wonderful time, and I would go back every weekend if I could - just for the cooking alone! If you are going to Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, or anywhere near Greenville, I highly suggest you stay at the Georgian Inn. It was the BEST place we've ever stayed in the area, and it will be your new favorite, too!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Atlanta, GA
Reviewed 1 March 2010

Mu husband and I celebrated our 18th anniversary this past weekend at the Georgian Inn in Greenville, GA. We stay at a different B&B every year for our anniversary... and this one was a real winner!

The house itself is beautiful. Original stained-glass windows. Big front porch with a swing and rocking chairs. A cozy, screened side porch. Lovely indoor common areas. Our room (Rhett Butler) was nicely appointed. Plenty of room. A super-comfy bed with a down comforter.

The owners - Shari and James - are gracious and friendly. We were offered wine and homemade snacks as soon as we arrived (which were delicious). They set a very relaxing and comfortable atmosphere. You feel like you're visiting old friends.

But the real treasure here is the FOOD!! Shari is an amazing chef. We made arrangements to have dinner Saturday night at the Inn... and I'm so glad we did!! We were served in the beautiful main dining room by candlelight. Just the two of us. Our four-course meal was spectacular. We are lucky to have dined in some of the nicest restaurants across the southeast... and this meal could rival any we've ever experienced. Breakfast was just as tasty. Nothing is store-bought or pre-prepared. Shari makes everything herself (including the jams and marmalades).

If you are looking for a relaxing getaway. A place where you can feel pampered. A place where you can unwind. A place where you can eat gourmet-style food. Look no further than the Georgian Inn Bed and Breakfast.

columbus ga
Reviewed 27 February 2010

Come ready for great southen hospitality . Relax and enjoy everything and / or do nothing . Great to have plans or be spontanuis . You will not go away unhappy .

GA
Reviewed 20 February 2010

We had such a great experience at The Georgian Inn Bed & Breakfast. If anyone wants a get away to a beautiful place with wonderful food (Shari is a fantastic chef), check them out. We didn't have time to do all the things we wanted to do in the area. We could not have asked for more gracious hosts. We LOVED our stay!!!

Atlanta
Reviewed 29 January 2010

Delightful couple who are warm, inviting, and meet every need. The food is absolutely fantastic. Great job folks!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled on business

Been to The Georgian Inn? Share your experiences!