“Very friendly hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Georgian Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
The Georgian Inn
Ranked #1 of 3 Greenville B&B and Inns
“Very friendly hosts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2010

My husband arranged for us to spend two nights at this B&B for my birthday. The hosts were very cordial and friendly. They took time to have extended conversations with us and the other guests staying that weekend. The service was excellent. The food was very good and offered some variety rather than the same breakfast both mornings. The room was okay. The hosts have only been in this house for about a year and there is still some work that could be done. However, it was very clean. There is not much in Greenville, but if you are willing to drive a little, there are several attractions not far away.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2010

A colleague and I stayed at the Georgian Inn, and enjoyed dinner at the inn with clients. The inn has great character and lovely grounds. James & Shari were wonderful hosts and served both a wonderful gourmet dinner and breakfast. I look forward to returning!!

The Georgian Inn is an outstanding facility and a great place for any business retreat or reception.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Decatur, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2010

My daughter's wedding reception exceeded our expectations and we could not be happier! The home and tables were beautifully set and the service superior. The standout feature was without a doubt THE FOOD! Everything from the hors d'oeuvres to the main course was beautifully presented and tasted fantastic. Most exceptional was the praline brie and the melt-in-your-mouth beef kabobs. If you are planning a wedding at Callaway or in the area I highly recommend the Georgian inn for your reception. It was just perfect. Thank you Sherri.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with family
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2010

My sweet boyfriend surprised me with reservations to this B&B after a few very stressful weeks of work. We are very adventurous and like to visit places that have outdoor activities for us to do. Having just visited the northern mountains of georgia for some real good biking and hiking (March of 2010) this was going to have to be something very special. Shari and James were just the people to exceed our expectations. Their warmth, charm and southern hospitality was more than anyone could expect. James's knowledge of the surrounding area and the house was refreshing having been in the area a short time himself and Shari the "master Chef" had my boyfriend at the chocolate chunk cupcakes. Thanks Shari he now knows there are better cooks than myself out there. The gorgeous mature landscaping allows for a very relaxed, romantic atmosphere. The Meriweather room was hands down one of the most comfortable beds we had ever slept in.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sgatorgirl
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2010

I will try and do justice to this beautiful home. We loved so many things about our stay from laying in the hammock under the trees with my best friend, The most comfortable bed away from home, Shari is a New Orleans flavored southern Chef. The food was a treat from the brownies when we arrived to the breakfast on our last day. I highly suggest you eat dinner at the Inn. You will not be disappointed. A four course meal like none other we have had. James and Sheri are a twosome that you will instanly feel like you have known them for years. I almost cried when I had to leave. Their Son was also very nice not what you usually get from a teen. We loved the dog Oatmeal. They are good about not letting him be around if you don't like dogs but in our case we couldn't get enough of her. The home is away from the hustle and bustle but not far to lots of antique shopping and fine dining. You will not be disappointed with your stay. We spent 2 nights and it was not nearly long enough. We stayed in the Scarlette room. Beautiful, clean, clean, clean with a nice chaise and lovely furniture. Oh yeah, be sure to buy all the jellies especially the praline. It is wonderful on ice-cream and french toast. Try it you will love your stay. Rick and Janis

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mcculloughs
Atlanta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2010

We have stayed in many special places around the world so we were looking for a unique place to spend a special anniversary weekend. The Georgian Inn was a real find; historic and totally charming. Just an hour from the bustle of Atlanta it is a world away with beautifully furnished rooms. Callaway Gardens and Warm Springs are a short drive away. My wife and I stayed in the Governor Terrell Room with canopy bed and it was perfect.. James and Shari were great hosts and Shari's culinary skills resulted in unforgettable breakfasts and a very special 4-course steak and shrimp dinner with flair. We had heard that Shari was a gourmet chef, but not only was everything delicious, but taking on the challenge of a gluten free and dairy free appetizer of mediterranean humus (wonderful), and the dessert of bananas foster with coconut milk ice cream was truly outstanding! We appreciate her special efforts and the meal will be long remembered. We definitely will be back for the great food and hospitality.hjm

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Milner
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2010

My husband and I stayed this past weekend (3/6/2010) for one night. I cannot even begin to tell you how wonderful this place is, but I'll try. The innkeepers, Shari and James, are very friendly and welcoming. As soon as we arrived, we were greeted warmly and offered FRESH, HOMEMADE brownies! They were soooo good!

The house is GORGEOUS. The screened porch was so relaxing! The weather was nice, and my husband and I enjoyed just sitting out there talking.

I would like to take a moment to say that my husband and I have stayed at many bed and breakfasts all over the US. We are very private people, and we do not like being forced to converse with other people staying at inns/bed & breakfasts. We go for the romantic aspect of these inns, NOT to meet people. Although we were the only people staying at the inn, I could tell that Shari and James wouldn't have made us socialize, and they would've taken measures to insure our privacy during the stay.

We stayed in the Rhett Butler room because I am a Gone with the Wind fanatic. I loved the pictures of Scarlett that adorned the room. The room was spacious and clean, the bed was super comfortable, and the temperature was perfect.

You have the opportunity to order dinner when you book a room at the inn. I HIGHLY suggest you do so. I don't think I've ever eaten so well! We were so full from the first three courses that we had to hold off on the dessert until later. Shari is the most amazing cook! I have eaten all over the world, and her meal was definitely one of the best I've ever had. ALSO - Shari and James let us eat dinner and breakfast in our room. They brought in a table for us, and they brought our meals to our room! We were very pleased with the in-room dining. The breakfast was even more delicious than the dinner, if that's possible. Her meals basically put ALL bed and breakfasts meals we've ever had to shame.

We had a wonderful time, and I would go back every weekend if I could - just for the cooking alone! If you are going to Callaway Gardens, Pine Mountain, or anywhere near Greenville, I highly suggest you stay at the Georgian Inn. It was the BEST place we've ever stayed in the area, and it will be your new favorite, too!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Mountain Top Inn
#2 of 2 in Warm Springs
Callaway Gardens
Callaway Gardens
#3 of 5 in Pine Mountain

Been to The Georgian Inn? Share your experiences!