“Working in Griffin”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Griffin
Princeton, North Carolina
“Working in Griffin”
Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

Great hotel and friendly staff made a long business trip so much more enjoyable. The room was clean and the king size bed was one of the most comfortable beds I have laid on in a hotel. Several other coworkers stay at other hotels in Griffin and were very disappointed.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Reviewed 19 November 2013

My husband and I checked in for a twelve day stay, we checked in on Nov.4th. We approached the front desk at check in and we let her know this room was being payed for by my husbands company and immediately after we gave that information, we told this girl we wanted a SMOKING ROOM. The girl continues to get the paper work we signed she gave us the keys and had us off to our room which was room number 101. We walked into the room lit a cigarette and sat on the bed after our long drive, which we had no idea was wrong. So over our stay we had room service come in for a total of maybe four times. We are smokers so obviously that is why we SPECIFICALLY asked for a smoking room, well come sat. The twelfth day we were there we were going to our room to get our belongings out and they had locked our room up and enable our keys.So I walked to the front desk asked what was going on with our key? The girl at the desk and the rude, unprofessional owner of the hotel ask to speak to my husband. My husband comes to the front desk, the girl proceeds to tell my husband she has sent a 250$ fee to his company's credit card for smoking in the room. We tried to explain to this uneducated receptionist and owner of the hotel, that we SPECIFICALLY ASKED FOR A SMOKING ROOM and it was another employee that checked us in not either one of them. The girl whom checked us in never said there were no smoking rooms just assigned us a room and sent us on our way. So the owner and receptionist could never give us a reason as To why we weren't following there hotel guide lines and them not notifying us of the smoking issue until it was time to check out. It all was because our stay was being payed for by my husbands company on a company credit card, and there is another co worker he is working with staying in the same hotel and is under the impression he is in a smoking room also. It is a money racquet. They see us being on a company credit card and them being able to get that 250$ extra dollars. I feel like the staff and the owner handled the situation
so unprofessionally and we were told we didn't know what we were talking about I have never been treated so awful by a hotel owner and receptionist. We regularly stay at these choice hotels, but I would love to speak to a person In a higher position than the owner of that hotel. He was so rude and had no problem solving skills nor any public relations qualities. I would love to speak to someone if possible thanks for your time.

Lauren Matson
11/19/201

• Stayed November 2013
3 Thank Laurens0812
TN
Reviewed 1 November 2013

This is one of the nicer Comfort Inns I've stayed at and I've been in a bunch of them. It is nicely updated, very clean, and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The price was also very reasonable ($79). My only complaints would be the parking is a little tight and the internet slowed down badly at night when there was heavy use.
The hotel is right on the main four lane road going through town and is within a mile of pretty much all the restaurants and other stores you might want/need to visit. I would recommend it and will stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Griffin, Georgia
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I have visited this hotel every week for the past month and have had excellent customer service. It is far better than any other competitor in the Griffin area. The rooms are updated, clean, and comfortable. The staff is friendly to all guests. There is a small fitness center, free Wi-Fi, and free breakfast. Plus, it is located to nice restaurants. I will be staying here every time I visit Griffin.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Cottonwood Heights, Utah
Reviewed 13 October 2013

We found this motel on Trip Advisor....It was very clean and reasonable. Right on highway 19/41 and very convenient if you are visiting Griffin or the surrounding communities. Staff was very friendly; free wi fi. We did not partake of the free breakfast so I can't comment on that. Nice to have a small refrigerator and microwave in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Las Cruces, NM
Reviewed 11 July 2013

We stayed in 3 different hotels in Griffin during our stay. This was due to difficulties at the other hotels. This one was by far the best. For $70, its a good deal. The rooms were clean and smelled clean too. the bed was firm, but not as hard as the other hotels by far. The air conditioner worked, the shower was fine. The breakfast was your typical free breakfast. The customer service was excellent. If I end up in Griffin again, this is where I will be staying. Did I mention they were cheaper than the other hotels we stayed at. I guess you don't always get what you pay for.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank coolestnurse
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Landed at nearby Griffin Airport since Tara Field Airport (12 miles north) was closed due to resurfacing of runway. Immediately signed online at airport computer and checked for nearby hotels. This hotel was showing with the best rating in the area. Called to make a last minute reservation and the front desk employee who answered was having a "hiccup" attack. Unfortunately, it was really funny ! For the inconvenience she gave me the "hiccup" discount (a few dollars off the already low rate). The room, location and hot breakfast was outstanding. This is definately the reason why this hotel was highly rated by previous guests. Would actually stay here again if if its 12 miles south of my destination.....

Room Tip: First floor rooms are non-smoking while the second floor are designated the smoking rooms.