“Very nice”

Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Grovetown
Pooler, Georgia
“Very nice”
Reviewed 21 May 2014

My husband and I attended a class at the JMS burn center and decided to come to Augusta the night before. Not wanting to spend a great deal of money we chose this hotel based on the positive reviews and the great price. The front desk attendant who I believe was Brittany was very friendly and helpful, the hallways smelled very nice however the elevator not so much. Our room was clean, spacious, including a small kitchen area. The furniture was a bit older but totally functional. The bed was not as comfy as I had hoped but for the price and cleanliness I can over look it.
We arrived late in the evening and where happy to find a restaurant in the hotel called Emilio's.. (which is not part of the chain) As luck would have it they have a Monday drink special (.99 cent draft beers and margarita's,and half off appetizers) The food was AWESOME, and the service was fantastic. I would stay again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 17 April 2014 via mobile

After a long day of driving from Texas the hotels welcoming environment and other positive reviews made me give it a try. The price was reasonable and I was able to negotiate it down $10 by having my TripAdvisor app with me. The lady at the front desk was very pleasant and made me feel welcome. The hotel was very clean and even had a nice fresh smell. The room was furnished with a full size fridge and a microwave. The sheets and bathroom were just like home. I would spend the extra money again they made me realize you get what you pay for.

Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 17 March 2014

If you don't like an extra firm bed, then don't sleep here.
THE ROOM: Is clean and a comfortable size.
THE SERVICE: Was not very friendly at 9pm but very friendly at 6am. Complimentary local newspapers are in the lobby.
BREAKFAST: standard high fructose corn syrup pastries and cereal. The biscuits and gravy were ok. I recommend you skip it and eat at Cracker Barrel across the street.
THE GYM: Is a treadmill and exercise bike in a closet.

PROS: It is clean and cheap. My room is on the 2nd floor far from the central elevator so, it was nice and quiet. The Italian restaurant attached to the hotel is advertising 99 cent drafts on Mondays.

CONS: The bed. I don't like firm beds.

OVERALL: I'm only here for two nights on business so this place is tolerable, but I would not stay here for 3 nights without having a chiropractor appointment lined up.

Room Tip: Only one elevator in the center of the hotel. Choose to stay on the 3rd floor away from the elevato...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2013

There were about 40 or more of us who stayed for a family reunion in the area. The rooms were FANTASTIC for the price. Right off of I20 , close to lots of fun( go cart tracks, game room etc) malls . The rooms were very clean. I loved the kitchenette in the room with a nice size fridge and microwave. We stayed 2 days.
This was the 2nd time we stayed here. I will definitely stay again when we travel to that area. Major invasion at breakfast time. All was great.

Great Job Staff.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2013 via mobile

First, the good: The fridge and microwave are much bigger than most hotels provide and there its a nice sink area with lots of cabinets. Everything in the room looks and feels very clean. The bad: the bed is horribly uncomfortable, very hard. The curtains don't close so I was kept awake all night by the light of a gas station sign. The breakfast was decent but the area was tiny and you aren't allowed to take the food back to your room. The elevator smells like smoke. The front desk attendant last night was really nice, the one this morning was unfriendly and rude.

• Stayed January 2013

Travellers are raving about these Grovetown hotels

Roswell Ga
Reviewed 28 May 2012

This place is super clean. Had a room with Full size refer, Microwave oven. The Internet was 12 MBPS vs typical 1 at most other places. Granite sink area in bath. Has nice free breakfast. Mexican rest. is on property. DQ and Cracker Barrel rest. are within walking distance.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Lodi, Wisconsin
Reviewed 25 April 2012

We've stayed at several hotels in the Augusta area for the Masters golf extravaganza and Amercas Best on Parkwest is by far the best! Hotel is conveniently located and extremely clean. It was like staying in a brand new hotel. The entire facility was spotless. The staff was very friendly. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grovetown
Best Western Augusta West
Ecco Suites Augusta
#9 of 82 in Augusta
Comfort Inn & Suites Near Fort Gordon
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area

Been to Jameson Inn - Augusta/Grovetown? Share your experiences!