“Higher Prices, Lower Quality”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Wifesaver Restaurant
Ranked #12 of 34 Restaurants in Grovetown
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I've eaten Wife Saver Chicken since the first store opened in 1964. The Cunningham family attended our church, and my beloved Mrs. Cunningham taught me in the children's choir. I've enjoyed many Christmas's with their family caroling, and know their hospitality very well. If either of them saw the food that is being passed off as theirs, they would roll over in their graves.

I was feeling ill, so my husband stopped in to get some chicken n dumplings to brighten my spirits and me feel better. When he got home, I was surprised to find that the dumplings were as bad as those I made in my first attempt as a young girl. The dumplings were hard, the broth was very thin and extremely salty. I could not believe that this is what they were serving to the good people of Grovetown. You would think surely that someone would taste these before serving any to customers.

But this is not the first time we've been disappointed in this Wife Saver. When they first opened, we waited two weeks to go in, letting the crowds die down a bit, and letting everyone get accustomed to their new surroundings. We ordered the chicken, turnip greens and broccoli casserole. The chicken was burnt, the turnip greens too salty, and the broccoli casserole was very weak on the cheese. Not at all the fare I'm accustomed to getting from Wife Saver.

We went in one other time, and the food was fine. Everything was cooked to perfection and delicious. So two out of three visits were pretty bad. We may choose to spend our money at one of the other establishments in Grovetown if this is an example of the quality that they intend to present.

Reviewed 11 May 2013

This new chain restaurant just opened in Grovetown; a welcome addition. We went early in the afternoon and it had a steady turn of customers. Service was kind of slow and the cashiers appeared still to be learning. Their speciality is fried chicken, although they have many other meat choices. They offer many southern style entrees that come with choice of two sides and bread - roll, cornbread muffin or biscuit. I had the 3 pc. white chicken dinner and my husband had their shrimp and fish combo. The chicken dinner included 2 large breasts and a wing so plenty of food, but the sides were very small - would have liked bigger servings. The shrimp in my husband's dinner were minuscule, but he did like the fish fillets. The biscuits didn't taste fresh or flakey. Our dinners to go were served on paper plates and not to-go boxes which I found strange; besides not keeping the food very warm. Our sides were cold by the time we got home. It's worth a try especially if you drive in Grovetown on a regular basis. This is a franchise operation. Since there are several of these in the area I've heard it really depends on which one you go to as to the service and quality of food. This location appears to be starting out very successful.