“A good experience v”

Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Grovetown
GreenLeadersBronze level
“A good experience v”
Reviewed 15 November 2012

The hotel staff are very responsive, professional and helpful. The rooms are always very clean and supplied with all essentials. Having a safe, alarm clock, microwave and mini refrigerator makes my stay very comfortable.

• Stayed November 2012
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 19 November 2012
We're glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We hope to see you in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Philadelphia
Reviewed 15 August 2012

For the average traveler this hotel would be fine, but for a slightly pickier traveler like myself it was good but not great. Overall good value with good service and clean rooms. The bathrooms are beautiful and of higher quality than the actual room. Not sure if this is a Best Western thing or just a thing with this particular property, but the bedding seemed old and worn (I prefer crisp sheets). The AC unit wouldn't switch to auto so the fan just kept running and there was also a clicking noise coming from the microwave/fridge area that I couldn't get rid of.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
BWGrovetown, General Manager at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 17 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your comments. We’re glad you enjoyed our bathrooms; we apologize that the noise in the room affected your sleep. We’ll share your comment with our staff members. We hope when you visit our area again that you’ll stay with us at the Best Western Evans Hotel.
salem, oregon
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I had to stay in Augusta, GA in the heat of the summer and was on a budget traveling with two boys -- one in a basketball tournament in nearby North Augusta, SC. I happily found this motel. The front desk staff was excellent when I checked in at 10 pm tired from a cross country flight with two children. Delicious chocolate cookies at the front desk. THANK YOU! I'LL TAKE THREE!
The motel was very quiet -- sometimes u can hear doors slamming. The pool was kinda small and really no shade so I would love an umbrella out there. The continental breakfast was a typical BW variety so my boys were happy with the waffles & sausage. The eggs were disgusting, however. UGH. Powdered eggs are just sick -- and "omelettes" with "cheese" in the middle. DOUBLE UGH. But hey, no big deal. I went to another Best Western a few miles away the next night and yes, it was closer to restaurants and the pool was a bit bigger but the room and breakfast were the same. I say save your money and stay at this one! Thank you Tamara at front desk -- such a sweetie.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 1 August 2012
Thank you for staying with us, and we appreciate your comments. We’re glad you enjoyed our cookies; we apologize that you did not care for our liquid scrambled eggs and the egg omelet patties. We’ll share your comment with Tamara and our other staff members. We hope when you visit our area again that you’ll stay with us at the Best Western Evans Hotel.
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 July 2012

My husband and I live locally but needed a place to stay while doing repairs at our home. Best Western, Grovetown was exceptional! Superb personnel; clean; easily accessible to interstate and local restaurants, and very reasonable in price. 5 Star in our book!!!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 2 August 2012
Thank you for your comments, and for staying with us. We hope that if you have the occasion in the future, that you’ll return to our Best Western Evans Hotel.
Savannah
Reviewed 16 July 2012

I have to travel to the Augusta area every 2-3 weeks for business. I have been looking for a decent hotel in this area since March this year. I have finally found one! The price is affordable, which is important, since I am on a strict per-diem. The rooms are very clean and the location is good(lacks local restaurants is my only beef). The best thing about the hotel is "Pooja", she works the front desk and is a delight. She was very helpful with directing me to local restaurants and always greeted every guest with a smile. Keep up the good work!

Room Tip: Ask for the room on the first floor with a jacuzzi tub in the room!
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
BWGrovetown, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 18 July 2012
Thank you! We will share your comments with Pooja. We're glad you enjoyed your stay, and we'll see you again soon at the Best Western Evans Hotel.
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 12 July 2012

Stay at this hotel one night while heading to the beach, great location right off the interstate. Nice staff and clean hotel. If I were to come back to the Augusta area I will make sure to stay here again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Thank you, and we hope you will stay with us in the future.
Jabbeke, Belgium
Reviewed 25 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel from June 20th till 23rd in room 213. Everything was very clean. There was a warm breakfast. There is no traffic noise. Personally I had problems with the matras. It was to soft for me.
When you check-in, you have to say if you will use the safe or not. At check-out they removed the charge (1,50$/day).
We loved the different HBO channels without the enoying commercials.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, Owner at Best Western Augusta West, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for your comments. We're glad you chose to stay with us at the Best Western Evans Hotel, and we hope to have you as our guest during your next trip to the US. Safe travels!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Grovetown
Home2 Suites by Hilton Grovetown Augusta Area
Hampton Inn & Suites Augusta West
Hyatt Place Augusta
Hyatt Place Augusta
#2 of 82 in Augusta

Been to Best Western Augusta West? Share your experiences!