“Wonderful”

Holly House of Hamilton
Ranked #1 of 2 Hamilton B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We spent two nights here for our 55th anniversary. Judy was a delightful hostess, multi-talented and personable. The rooms were quiet, spacious and clean, the bed comfortable, with room controlled air conditioning that was very quiet. There was direct TV and excellent wi-fi. The breakfasts were delicious (ex. Sunday: orange juice, scrambled eggs and bacon, waffles with maple syrup and/or fresh strawberries and whipped cream, tea and coffee) and served on beautiful china. The location is a small town, but close to Callaway Gardens and other attractions. We look forward to a future visit here.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 June 2014

This was our second visit to the Holly House of Hamilton. It would've been our third, but getting caught in the Georgia Blizzard in January 2014 prevented another special encounter with Judy and her gorgeous historic home. We arrived both times just before dusk, and the fairies were out. My daughter had sheer delight chasing the fireflies down the lane in back of the Holly House picturesque garden. Judy is inspiring and her love of family and people is so very evident. If you get lucky enough to catch her singing, you will be blessed by the voice God has given her as she goes about her task, "playing house" as she calls it. She is a "glass mostly full person." She took us thrift and antique shopping which was a fun adventure. In every store, people seemed to know who she was.
The rooms at this Inn are lovely; each one decorated purposefully and beautifully. I have stayed in the Romance room and the Holly Room. Our daughters had a great time up in the Journey room. The bedding has layer upon layer of beautiful coverings. And how fun in the Holly powder room to have red and green towels to wrap up in June!!! Christmas all the year through abounds in many corners with designer looking trees with many ornaments she has made herself. We were transported to another century-one of detail and beauty and respect for nature and our soldiers(as is demonstrated in the patriotic pool table room) and comfortable luxury. The breakfast here was divine. You are greeted with a smile and a fun lady donned with a pinafore apron to serve you. She made the most delicious gluten free coffee cake ever-you could not tell it was void of wheat. She did that for me. That is an innkeeper who cares. My daughter told her we love grits, and we were served hearty and tasty ones from the Callaway Country store, along with a potato cheese pie and fruit. Loose leaf tea was a warm compliment to our breakfast each day, as we our not coffee drinkers. As another set of guests were leaving after breakfast, Judy ushered them out with some lively songs on the player piano, and with happy smiles, we all sang "God Bless America!" This was very fitting as we approach the 4th of July next week. Our stay was relaxing and joyous and we will be back!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are unique and pretty. I hope to stay in all of them eventually. One of my favorite...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 23 June 2014

My family stay at the Holly House of Hamilton was the first third generation stay. Ages ranged from 61yrs to 9yrs.everyone enjoyed. The beds were so comfortable, the breakfast was great, and the hospitality of our hostess Judy, put the icing on the cake. If you are looking for the perfect country mountain get away look no further cause Holly House of Hamilton is it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I spent 5 days here in May. Why you may ask did I wait until almost July to write a review? Primarily because I didn't want my review to be about the time I spent with my 5 very special high school friends (still, after 40+ years). I wanted to review Holly House on its own merit... without emotional influence. So... Holly House is truly magical from the moment you pull up and get a good look of the welcoming, beautifully landscaped front yard. Once through the front door you find yourself transported to another place and time. This isn't a home just full of old things, this isn't a museum of antiquities. This is a home meticulously decorated, appointed, and tended with love, compassion and the joy of making others comfortable. Judy is a special hostess who cares about your needs, desires and individual preferences. She is very well versed in the surrounding area - both history, shops and nearby attractions. So...altho the trip started out as a reunion, it was amazingly enhanced by the peacefully serene nature of this wonderful home and its innkeeper.

Room Tip: I was in the Holly room. Absolutely adorable. The bed was extremely comfortable.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 June 2014 via mobile

This is the B&B experience you're after. Beautiful 130 year old home, beautiful grounds, friendly and charming proprietor. Located within a short drive to many local attractions; it is a calm and relaxing retreat.

I honestly cannot recommend Judy and HH of H enough.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed 3 nights with Judy at the Holly House B&B. Our room was very spacious, clean, and comfortable. The breakfasts were delicious and she met our special requests perfectly. This was a great location to explore Callaway Gardens, the Little White House, and is an easy drive to Columbus. There are some nice and scenic roads in the area. Great place to escape the hustle and bustle and relax.

Room Tip: We liked the "Inspired by Nature Room".
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

I just returned home from a 5 night stay at the Holly House of Hamilton in Harris County (I love saying that). I had such a great time! The owner and proprietor of the house, Judy, made our stay a wonderful experience from the moment we got there until it was time to leave. Judy made her home, ours during our stay. We started with a tour of the home where we learned the history of the house. She played the instruments in the music room, sang us some songs and cooked us a wonderful breakfast every morning. The house is so big and there is plenty of room to be with others or sit and read by yourself. The grounds are also beautiful. At the back of the house there is a nice paved trail to go for a walk. There is a charming porch where you can sit and watch the birds enjoy the bird seed Judy puts out for them. I couldn't have asked for a better time at a home away from home.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Phyllis90504
Judy A, Owner at Holly House of Hamilton, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Hello Phyllis,
What a lovely review! Thank you! I am so glad you enjoyed sharing my home and that it felt like home to you! I enjoyed your visit very much!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hamilton
Mountain Top Inn
#4 of 5 in Pine Mountain
Wingate by Wyndham LaGrange
Hampton Inn Lagrange near Callaway Gardens
Hampton Inn Columbus-North

Been to Holly House of Hamilton? Share your experiences!