“Wonderful hostess”
Review of Maison LaVigne

Maison LaVigne
Ranked #1 of 1 Hapeville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 2 January 2013

This bed and breakfast is charming and comfortable. Eileen is a wonderful hostess and great cook. We had a great conversation over breakfast with Eileen and one other guest. The breakfast was wonderful and included her home made jam. Yum. The only drawback is the noise of the airport and train. I plan to stay there again and take my mom and sisters.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 November 2012

What a great way to end out 2 week vacation with a relaxing stay at this B & B. We opted to have the gourmet dinner for two which was exquisitely prepared and presented. At our request Eileen regaled us with stories about cooking classes in Paris and various dining experiences. Her enthusiasm for what she does comes across in the exacting preparation of the food. It was fun to catch glimpses of her working in the kitchen, an artist at work. The "Bourdaeux" bedroom was amazing. My husband said the bed was the most comfortable he ever slept on. Eileen was so quiet preparing breakfast I was sure she had forgotten but sure enough right at 8:30 there it was. We can't wait to find an excuse to drive the 4 hours to Atlanta and stay again. Thank you Eileen for welcoming us to your home and allowing us to include our dog Shayna.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2012

Well located, well maintained, well decorated, good beds, great breakfast, pet-friendly, charming hostess -- what more can I say? We live three hours from Atlanta, but travel frequently from ATL and were tired of quality and cost of the airport hotels. We have discovered the answer. Oh -- no noticeable airport noise!

Room Tip: We needed a king, so chose the Bordeaux room.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I have twice stayed with Eileen at her charming B&B. No matter how early I had to go off to work, Eileen was up an hour earlier making me a gourmet meal. There was always fresh coffee and fruit with granola and nuts, followed by a wonderful hot breakfast entree. Eileen's Yorkie, Mac, was a star attraction for me and he came up to my room every evening (at my invitation) for a chat - dog company is better than wine for unwinding in my opinion - but should you prefer a glass of red or white, Eileen has that on hand too. I will return again when I find myself on business in the Atlanta area!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 August 2012

I'm not sure I can recommend a bed and breakfast any higher than I'd recommend this one. Our one-night stay was incredible, despite my unconscious attempts to sabotage it. Let me explain.

My mom and I showed up on Eileen's doorstep a few Fridays ago. A little sign in the door said to call her when we got there - she was just up the street at her little cafe. So we called, and I said we had a reservation, and she said she just didn't see it in the book, but she'd be right up, and we'd figure it out. Now, I should tell you, at this point I was about 7 months pregnant, and what they say about your brain going buh-bye when you're pregnant is all. absolutely. true. Anyway, my mom gave me the side-eye while we waited, and asked, "Did you book the right day?" I scoffed, and looked at the reservation just to make sure. Lo and behold, NO. I had booked it for the wrong Friday.

So when Eileen showed up and I told her what I'd done, she laughed and gave me a hug and said not to worry, we'd figure it out, and oh my god I was so pregnant I needed to get in out of the heat and drink some water. She was nothing but gracious and funny about the whole situation...not even the slightest bit annoyed or difficult.

She said she had a British family coming in that night, but she could still accommodate us...come to find out, she could accommodate us because she gave us one of the Brits' rooms and gave them her amazing personal bedroom/bathroom...while she slept on the couch. She said later that it was totally fine, she kept her room in order to be rented out in situations like this and it was no big deal, but come on. SHE SLEPT ON THE COUCH.

In the morning, she made us all an amazing breakfast in her gorgeous kitchen, and it was really lovely to chat with not only the British family, but with Eileen and her daughter, too (who was also super helpful and sweet - she recommended a great place for dinner the night before, and helped scramble to get her mom's room ready). Eileen made me decaf, and the quiche was gluten-free for me. She's a Parisian trained chef, so everything was fantastic. She's also just one of the most genuine, friendly, funny, outgoing, GOOD women ever. We were sad to leave, and exchanged more hugs.

Oh, and the house is amazing. :) We stayed in the Alsace Suite and it was adorable and charming. For the people complaining about the location (uh, check a map before you go, it's just in a normal residential area) and the noise (it's a very. old. house. they make noise and have thin walls), all I can say is know before you go. If you're not into old houses in residential areas, don't stay here.

But if you want beautiful rooms, delicious food, and unmatched hospitality, Maison Lavigne is it. If we're ever in Atlanta again, we won't stay anywhere else.

Room Tip: The Alsace Suite is on the first floor right off the entryway, so if you're a light sleeper or j...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 May 2012

We stayed here after a long flight from the UK as we didn't want to face Atlanta's rush hour traffic. The B+B itself is fine, although Hapeville itself is a bit of a nothing kind of place. Don't expect good restaurants in the vicinity as there just aren't any. The hostess, Eileen, is welcoming and friendly, but the location of the B+B is directly beneath Atlanta airport's flight path. We were there in the summer and flights were pretty constant until midnight or so and then seemed to start up again very early, around 5pm. So, if you are a light sleeper I really would not recommend a stay here. We are unlikely to return purely based on the fact that when travelling, getting a good night's sleep does rate pretty highly for us.

Room Tip: No rooms are quiet due to the aircraft noise and the proximity of the B+B to Atlanta airport.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank boodley
Reviewed 12 April 2012

Eileen is a wonderful hostess, you are treated not just as a guest but as family. The rooms are so comfortable, clean and charming that you will be tempted to snooze away the morning! Eileen is a French trained chef, and truly amazing. She is also wonderful with any dietary needs.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 172 in Atlanta
La Quinta Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport North
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East

Been to Maison LaVigne? Share your experiences!