“Would NOT go back”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hapeville B&B and Inns
Swansboro, North Carolina
“Would NOT go back”
Reviewed 17 September 2013

My wife and I stayed there for an Anniversary Weekend. We arrived on time, but Eileen decided to walk her dog as we waited on the porch, unable to get in. Once we got in, we settled in our room ( which was very cute and clean ). Problem #1: Her dog roams freely, everywhere. He jumped on our lap during breakfast, everyday. He is in the kitchen while preparing our food. He barks at 5am and any other time he wishes. #2: The breakfast was sub par, not "Paris Trained" Chef food. The "scones" were ( and she admitted this ) Pillsbury in a can biscuits. All her jams were from a jar, her soup was taken from her restaurant down the street. Afternoon tea was good, but again, all from a jar and pre-packed. #3: She decided to blast Opera music at 7 am while she was working in the kitchen, waking us up. #4: She joined us for breakfast, eating and "sharing" the food she prepared for us, everyday, which I found very unprofessional. I am a professional Chef, and my wife and I have stayed in fine B & B's all over. My suggestion to Eileen is to let people know in advance, about the freedom of her pets, especially in areas where she prepares food. Also, don't join the guests for breakfasts; or at least ask first. Don't promote being an accomplished Chef and then TELL your guests everything comes from a jar, a can, or pre-prepared from a restaurant down the street. My wife and I were the only guests in the house for our stay, so we believe Eileen "took a break" from her busy schedule and put us on the back burner, prepared poor quality food, and dropped all professional graces. Very disappointing.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Shawn P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Huntsville, AL
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We Stayed here as a quick getaway.
We enjoyed the food and the owner very much.
The room was SUPER clean and very updated.
Would have enjoyed our sleep better if the room was a little colder at night but we were okay.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Savannah Georgia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Checked in Thursday 8/22/13 for 3 nights and found it to be a marvelous little inn. The owner Eileen is friendly and extremely helpful. Her gourmet cafe down the street could be set down in a small French village & the French would feel right at home. Our room was comfortable, the breakfast was "yummy" and all in all it was a GREAT find.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 8 August 2013

A six day stay is long enough to know pretty much everything about a B&B. And we have to say, everything at Maison Lavigne over our six days was wonderful plus. The house is charming, it's location is great for us (fifteen minutes from downtown; ten to the airport). The breakfasts are plentiful and delicious, and,given that the owner is n accomplished chef, the ingredients are all fresh and the dishes are imaginative. But it is much more than that. Eileen is an expert at pampering you and making you feel special while at the same time giving you as much privacy as you would like.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Everything from the beautiful room to breakfast was wonderful! Bed sheet are the nicest most comfortable I've ever slept on and I've stayed in plenty of nice places but I would go back here just to sleep on those sheets! Breakfast was so good! Eilleen is a fabulous cook! My husband and I loved this place and will definately be back soon!

• Stayed June 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 5 May 2013

My husband and I booked Maison LaVigne for a long weekend and didn't want to leave. We stayed in The Provence suite. Between the stained glass windows, claw foot tub and authentic furnishings, we truly felt like we were in Europe. Visiting Eileen was like visiting your favorite Aunt who happens to be a gourmet chef! Eileen brought us breakfast in bed both mornings. Everything was prepared fresh and the homemade jam was awesome! The bed was so comfortable, it was hard to get up every morning. Mac and Mr. Kitty were always around to greet us with a meow or a wag of a tail. Next time we stay we want to either take a cooking class or have Eileen's high tea. This was not just a place to stay in Atlanta, it was a memory maker!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jennifer E
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Just got back from 2 nights at Maison LaVigne and Eileen is definitely the most attentive b and b hostess I've ever met. She truly bends over backwards to make sure your stay is as comfortable as you need it to be. The room was great, her breakfasts were "made to order", and her offers to assist me with rides to and from my trade show and the airport took a lot of stress off my day. Even though there is some airport and train noise, her fun loving and professional attitude more than make up for those small issues. It's not a "village-y" part of town with shops and restaurants, but there is some really good, classic bbq half a mile away. Yes, I will definitely stay with her again.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Best Western Plus Atlanta Airport-East
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Atlanta Airport Marriott Gateway
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#90 of 173 in Atlanta

Been to Maison LaVigne? Share your experiences!