“Great Room and Attentive Staff”

Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Hapeville
Roosevelt, New York
“Great Room and Attentive Staff”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

I was a traveler trying to make the ATL Peachtree race after suffering a 7 1/2 hour airport delay. The staff helped the best they could. They saved my room when I informed them my arrival was going to be 7 hours late. They helped me with getting some breakfast and make my shuttle ride to MARTA to get downtown for the race. I was also able to park my rental car in the parking lot until I returned from the race.

The room was huge and clean. It made it easy to settle in and feel like "home" for a couple of hours to rest my head in a comfortable space.

In my haste to leave for the race, I left my sweater in the room. The staff was great with retrieving my sweater and I was able to get it 2 days later before my return flight home.

When I came back the same friendly staff was there to greet me. This hotel was truly a GREAT choice given the unexpected travel circumstances.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
dekle680, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Good morning!

Thank you for your review of the Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North. We appreciate your feedback and we are glad to read that you had a great experience at our hotel. Our goal is to ensure that all guests have a great stay and we focus on ensuring our staff is friendly from arrival through departure, a clean room; everything is in working order and a great food and beverage experience. We thank you for being a valued guest at our hotel and we look forward to your next stay at your home away from home.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2014

There are a few hotels near Atlanta Airport that offer seven days of airport parking but his hotel offers both before and after your trip stays with parking. Its located just north of the airport and only a 10 minute shuttle ride. The room was very nice and updated. The bed was comfortable and clean. I believe all rooms are suites. Mine had a full kitchen. The breakfast in the morning was decent with ample options. If your looking for a place to dine for dinner there is nothing close to walk but a two minute drive there are a few options. I did not use the pool but it looked inviting. This is a decent hotel for the business or quick overnight travel that needs long stay parking options.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
dekle680, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Airport North. We appreciate all of your feedback and comments about our hotel. At our hotel all of our rooms are suites as we have three different room types with studio suites, one bedroom suites and two bedrooms suites. All of the rooms are fully equipped with kitchens and there are approximately 15 restaurants within 1 mile of the hotel and you are correct that there is many more options within a 2 minute drive. We have an outdoor pool which is great for relaxation after a long day of work or travelling. We thank you for your time in posting your experience at our hotel and we look forward to having you back the next time you need a hotel near the Atlanta Airport.
San Diego, California
Reviewed 6 July 2014

As like many Residence Inn (RI) hotels, this hotel sits next to a Courtyard (CY). I've stayed many times at both. This RI has been a pleasant experience each time I've stayed there and love the bigger rooms than typical hotels. They have free breakfast, and some nights during the week, they have free dinner and beer! While close to the airport, there isn't any plane noise. Very close and walking distance to the Delta headquarters buildings on Virginia Ave. Also offers free parking!

As a Marriott Rewards loyalist, my only hesitation to book this property is earning half the rewards points compared to its sister property next door at the CY. Overall, I recommend this hotel for a future stay.

• Stayed March 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Atlanta Airport. We appreciate your loyalty to Marriott and your patronage to our hotel. We have enhanced our evening social experience which we call "The Mix" and beginning on August 1st we will have always on Monday through Wednesday. We look forward to seeing you on your next stay at our hotel and thank you again for sharing your comments about your experience at our hotel.
Georgia
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed here for the night after attending a banquet for my son. We wanted something close to the airport for my son's early departure. Arrived late to the hotel, everything was in order. Room was clean and quiet. We couldn't hear the noise from the planes and everyone slept well. The front desk was helpful and inviting. Great, short stay.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
dekle680, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Good morning!

Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Airport. We share all reviews with our team on a daily basis as our guest feedback is so important and vital to our hotel success. We are glad to see that you received great service from our front desk and housekeeping team.

Our associates take great pride in the work that they do to ensure that all of our guests have a great stay. We know how important it is to get some quality sleep before flying and we are glad to hear that you were not disturbed at all during your stay.

We thank you for all of your feedback as these reviews help our team continue to improve our success and focus to ensure we satisfy all of our guests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip through Atlanta and we hope you have a great rest of your week.
Reviewed 12 May 2014 via mobile

Great desk worker. Very friendly. Tennis/basketball court, very clean outdoor pool, upgraded to a 1 bedroom suite. Extremely clean looked brand new. Close to airport. Shuttle complimentary. A little pricy but definitely worth it to stay clean with all the amenities close to airport! Thanks again marriott!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Good morning! Thank you very much for your review and feedback of your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Airport. We are glad to see that you had a great experience at our hotel and that our team was friendly throughout your stay. We take great pride ensuring that our guests experience two really important things to us: Friendly people and clean rooms with a well a kept property. We appreciate you sharing your thoughts as we do share all of our reviews with our team so that we continue our focus of our guests having a positive stay at our hotel. We thank you for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next trip to Atlanta.
Baldwinsville, New York
Reviewed 27 April 2014

Stayed one night with my sons for an early flight the next morning. We were upgraded to a two bedroom in this property. The room was well cared for and check in went easily. We were in building 18 which is immediately across from the check in building.

Shuttle to Hartsfield leaves every half hour on 15 and 45 in early morning. That was fine and it was prompt. We were load and left right on time.

My only challenge was in the business center. The internet was hideously slow. Dial up is the best comparison. I couldn't check in for our flight and print boarding passes. I enter back to the room and checked in using wifi and opted to print the one that needed printing at the airport. Room wifi was FAR superior to the wired connection in the business center.

Except for that, I thought this was a great place for staying to catch and early flight out of ATL.

Room Tip: If you don't do stairs, be sure to tell them. This is old style residence inn, so the xx2x room...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
dekle680, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Good morning! I want to thank you very much for your time on providing feedback about your experience of the Residence Inn by Marriott Atlanta Airport North.

We thank you for all of your comments and we will address our business center speed and connection to the internet and the printer to ensure that guests moving forward do not have a similar experience. We are glad to hear that your shuttle experience was convenient for you and that our drivers were prompt on departure to ensure you got to the Airport quickly and safely.

You’re a valued customer; everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and we look forward to seeing you on your next trip through Atlanta.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 15 April 2014

A group of us stayed at this hotel last weekend and it was nice. The guy at the front desk (Mike) was GREAT! They offer free breakfast and all the rooms are modern and up to date. We had a 2 bed room suit with kitchen and full living room. The living room also has a small desk. when you walk into the room the living room is directly in front of you and then there is a bedroom to your left and on the other side of the kitchen there is another bedroom. The bathrooms are inside the bedroom. All 3 rooms have TVs and the beds sleep goooood.... The bathrooms are a little small. The vanity and sink are outside the bathroom. I would defiantly stay here again if I need to be close to the airport..

Room Tip: 1st floor rooms b/c you are just walking directly up to the room.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
dekle680, General Manager at Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this review, 18 April 2014
Thank you very much for your review of the Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North. We take great pride in being brand ambassadors and providing great service and clean rooms to our guests. We are glad to hear that Mike was great and we will share your comments with our entire team at our next Residence Inn Huddle Meeting. Our goal is to make sure our hotel feels like your home away from home and we are glad that you all enjoyed your rooms and that the service you received exceeded your expectations. We look forward to having you here on your next return trip and I hope you have a great rest of your day and weekend!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Staybridge Suites Atlanta Airport
Hyatt Place Atlanta Airport North
Holiday Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport - North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#91 of 173 in Atlanta
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport

Been to Residence Inn Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!