“Check in was extremely slow & Maria at the front desk was terrible & not knowledgeable about the reservation system.”

Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Hapeville
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

I found the room spacious & the price gave me sticker shock. I wasn't in Atlanta to garner reward pts from my company to use later. I was there on a personal matter. When I walked into the lobby I had a choice of either receiving help from Michael or Maria & I flipped a mental coin & chose Maria which was a very bad choice.I later learned that Michael was the go to person. It took her 56 minutes to check me in. She displayed attitude because I was getting frustrated. For the price of the room it should've come with some sort of breakfast. There are two many competing hotels in the area for it not to offer but bare bones amenities. I chose the Marriott for its name which I equated to quality. After this stay & in this new millennium I'll shop around.

• Stayed: June 2014
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Airport north! We appreciate all your comments.

We apologize for not meeting the service expectations you were expecting when you booked your room at our hotel, we have addressed all the issues you shared in your comments with our team and we are committed to make sure that all future guest will received the service our guest expect from our employees.

Our goal is that every guest leave our hotel with a positive experience and we hope that you choose our hotel gain on your next trip to Atlanta.

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue

Reviewed 5 June 2014

First of all, if you take the time to read this, we really do love Marriott. This hotel, just outside the super-busy Atlanta, Georgia, USA airport is convenient, offers a FREE (love that word) shuttle service between the hotel and the airport every 15 - 20 minutes to help you with your flight schedules.

As always, superior bedding and linens to lay your weary heads, extremely quite for a restful sleep, extraordinary cleanliness (very high on our list of attributes), a super morning breakfast cafe', ability to log in and print out your flight boarding passes before you arrive at the the extremely hectic international Atlanta airport.

Wonderful environment that we will repeatedly return to prior to our flights out of Atlanta!

We highly, HIGHLY recommend this Marriott property!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We spent one night here to visit the twin pandas, arriving around 9:30 PM. We had a room near the end of the hall which was very quiet. There are several computers in the lobby making it easy to check in and print our return boarding passes. The neighborhood appeared to be alright, different from Virginia Avenue on the west side of I 85. We would definitely consider this hotel if we visit Atlanta again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This Courtyard was near the top of my list of 3 star hotels around the airport. A couple of things changed. The hot tub got tiled over and the courtyard gas grill was removed. Its a good thing Minnie is still here. A couple of years ago this was a priceline darling and I stayed here many times.. For an older courtyard property it has been well maintained. But There are rooms I hope NEVER to get. Opposite the outside access doors. Opposite the elevators, opposite the ice machines. First floor can been traffic pattern to exits. You gotta be picky here. But if you plan ahead this can be a very pleasant place to stay for several days. Call ahead, make sure to add the names of the staff you deal with to your copy of the reservation. Minnie has rescued a rough stay before and is always cheerful and helpful. Arrive early. Advise them kindly of your problems and help usually is on the way.
The 4 stories are serviced by a number of elevators. It happens occasionally that one goes down. The maids and guests awkwardly meet at elevator openings . Maneuvering can be tough. Planning where to park to gain building access is tricky too. Entrance ramps are located at the corners of the property so find a spot close to one when you unload via a rack.
For me this is a great airport location. Interstate access close by. My destination is 8 miles away and I never get on a 40 mph roadway. This property is a little off the Hapeville main drag. It sits tucked back near Delta employee shuttle area. When you stand outside on the check in driveway , you will hear jets, the interstate and occasionally a train passing nearby. The new Porsche facility is 3 miles away. And I find more back roads to get there from here during every stay. Housekeeping is very good. Rooms are dated but still functional and clean. Standard coffee. Occasionally I eat hotel food but this area has many mediocre restaurants nearby.
No stay is ever perfect but this location works very hard to earn your business. The manger never returned my call for help but I still will be a PICKY repeat guest.

Room Tip: This is an older Courtyard property. It has a large courtyard area. Pool, tables, & lounges equa...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Within walking distance to the Delta Air Lines General Offices. There are also some restaurants close by such as Malones. All the rooms had two Queens and the beds were pretty comfortable. The rooms and bathrooms were clean. My first time staying at a Courtyard Mariott.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 May 2014

The staff here is excellent...always so helpful and always with a smile.
Rooms are comfortable and clean. We always love staying here. Thanks
for your wonderful hospitality. We hope to see y'all soon...keep up the
good work....Thanks again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 April 2014

I stay here quite often for work and must say hotel meets my needs. Wifi is free for all guests, plenty of free parking, etc. Only downside of the hotel is a very small workout room. Hotel staff overall is ok, however, Minnie is quite pleasant and one of my favorites.

Room Tip: Room with a balcony facing the courtyard
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Airport_N, General Manager at Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for choosing the Courtyard Atlanta Airport north! we appreciate all your comments.

We apologize for not meeting your ecxercise room expectations, however our team and we are committed to make sure that all our guest receive the service our guest expect from our employees.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hapeville
Drury Inn & Suites Atlanta Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Atlanta Airport North
Hilton Atlanta Airport
Hilton Atlanta Airport
#89 of 172 in Atlanta

Been to Courtyard Atlanta Airport North/Virginia Avenue? Share your experiences!