“Black Forest is closed”

Black Forest Bear Park and Reptile Exhibit
More attraction details
Owner description: Come meet our pretty lady grizzly, OB. She'll pose for you, as long as you keep tossing apples and strawberries to her!
Reviewed 13 June 2014

In a joint effort by PETA, the Atlanta Humane Society, Simpson's co-creator Sam Simon, and the Wild Anima Sanctuary this location was shut down in January, 2014 and the 17 animals it once housed relocated to the Wild Animal Sanctuary in Keenesburg, Colorado. The bears are now enjoying 60 acres of grassland with their own private dens. Excellent veterinary care is also being provided.

The bears O.B. and Ursula were expecting when they were relocated. Once at the Sanctuary in Colorado they both gave birth and are happily raising their cubs instead of having them removed after birth.

32  Thank Ra H

Reviewed 4 June 2014

This is animal cruelty. These bears need to be set free. This place made me cry. I feel so sorry for these poor bears!!! I know they would probably have a tough time if they were set free, only because this is the life they are used to now, but a big concrete pad is no life for these bears!! They need a habitat with trees and grass and a place where they can run around!

6  Thank DenineE
Reviewed 22 April 2014

I walked into a gift shop store in a strip mall in Helen, and I paid admission to the Bear Park. I don't know what I was expecting, but this wasn't it. Bears of various species in concrete cells. Most of them sat in a corner or slept. There was very minimal enrichment activities for them. I felt horrible. The reptile exhibit I did not visit, but I did notice various snakes for sale in carry-cages by the register when I left. Awful and sad place.

10  Thank smjack8088
Reviewed 4 April 2014

If you love animals then do not go here, these poor babies are thrown in a lifeless concrete pit, no natural habitat, it is void of anything and should be shut down. I am not a fan of zoos in general but I have seen some very nice areas, this is far below what any animal should be subjected to.

13  Thank TheTravelingBison
Reviewed 27 March 2014

This place made me sick! It is impressive to see these animal up close, but the conditions they were kept.... unbearable! Just think of a wild animal in a confined space, not good! (Visted April 2012)

9  Thank LSanchez304