“Very good”

41 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Very good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 January 2013

We got the cajun peanuts and pork skins...very yummy! Friendly service, they let you sample everything. Neat little place to check out if you are in the area.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank LK4Bama

Atlanta, Georgia
“never going back!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2012

we usually stop by here on our way to Anna Ruby falls, been doing this for the last several years, usually they have been really nice and friendly and we pickup some peanuts and other goodies - not on this occasion tho. Peanuts were way too salty, wanted to see if we could combine the unsalted and regular peanuts in one bag, the lady behind the counter flatly refused. Fine, but she wasn't even nice about it, I got no smile or a friendly "hello, how can I help you from this lady"' like seriously, if you hate being there so much why are you even there? Don't ruin someone else's weekend from out of town. You don't want our money, fine I'll take my business elsewhere and pay someone else $4 for a small bag of peanuts, with a friendly smile, and a warm hello. Plenty of other places to go for peanuts and snacks elsewhere in Helen and around.

Visited September 2012
GA
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Great place where the locals go!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012 via mobile

The best boiled peanuts in town. Charming place, pretty location, selling all kinds of goodies from jams, peanut brittle, to pork skins. The staff is very friendly. I have been to other peanut vendors in the area and received over salted and soured peanuts. Since eating the ones from Fred's, I have remained loyal. One of the last wholesome places in town.

2 Thank southpawcity7
atlanta
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 106 helpful votes
“great treats, peanuts and goodies!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2012

When visiting Helen no matter how many times over the 17 years my kids have been , we cannot go home without stopping by Freds.. Such sweet people, good Christians I know they do alot to help charities , great fresh peanuts love the fried peanuts, my kids love the fresh pork rines and the peanut brittle.. oh my.. my favorite.. youll be glad you stopped by the little road side treasure..

Visited August 2012
2 Thank cinibun2
Eastman, GA
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 45 helpful votes
“Give them a try!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2012

We wanted to see how they compare with the peanuts from our hometown. They are delicious and have a lot of varieties, including cajun and deep-fried. Best of all you can sample everything before you decide!

Visited June 2012