“Great for toddlers”

Helen Tubing and Water Park
Reviewed 18 September 2013

The Water is kind of small and good for toddlers. As many other reviewers said there is a lazy river, an open slide and a closed slide, and that's it. We went there with my three sons - toddlers and they had a great time in the Lazy river and just splashing around in the water. Since we reached with only about 2 more hours left for the park to close (but was charged the full price) and the kids were happy just in the lazy river, couldn't try out the slide. They also have tubing facility outside on the river. The place is a bit dated and could do with some sprucing up.

I saw only about 2 life guards there. Water park area is accessible only to paid patrons who get a wrist band. So the grandparents who accompanied us could not come into that area.

There is a changing area with toilets. But saw women using the men's area because there was a line outside the ladies'. Although the ladies at the ticketing were informed on the way out, they did not seem much concerned. Bad customer service.

Pros
- Really liked the tubes here. They are closed inside and so kids sitting on it will not slip through.
- the lazy river is not very deep - about 3 - 4 feet. Perfect for toddlers. They can also jump in and out of the tubes.
PS: One of my previous reviews was for the Great Wolf Lodge water parks. The tubes and the lazy river here easily beat what they have in the kid friendly department.

Cons
- Only paid patrons have access to the water park area.
- dated and old changing area/ restroom.
- bad customer service

Reviewed 16 September 2013

We picked up about a quarter mile down the river from the main location. Here, we were charged $5 per tube and $5 to park for the day, not knowing that the prices would be different anywhere else. We were promised a bus ride back to this same location once we reached the bottom of the river. The tubing itself was really enjoyable and we had a great time on the river.

Once we reached the bottom, the problems ensued. We had to wait 45 minutes to catch a bus back, with no crowd control, and nobody maintaining order as a hoard of impatient people waited to push their way onto crowded buses. Then the bus brought us back to the main location for Helen Tubing. Once there, we expected that the bus would continue on to the next stop, where we had parked and been promised a ride to. When we asked the driver, he acted like he had no idea what we were talking about, and said this would be the only stop. When we went to ask the woman working at the rental desk here, she told us that we would have to walk.

When we complained that this was not what we were promised, and that we had no shoes to complete the 15 minute walk along a busy road, she was simply rude, and told us that while the place we got our tubes from gets the tubes from Helen Tubing, they are not actually the same place. Overall, the whole situation was confusing and misleading, and it is also not right that they would allows someone to charge more for the same tube ($5 vs. $3 if you get it at the main place).

Since we had no choice, we had to walk barefoot along the road back to our car... our options were to either walk in the grass alongside the road and risk cutting our feet on the broken glass and other trash, or walk on the edge of the road where we'd risk getting hit. Would not use this company again and would instead probably go with the green tube company if we're back in Helen, because we did enjoy the ride down the river.

2  Thank Michael N
Reviewed 14 September 2013

My first time tubing and glad it was there! According to locals/previous guests, we went on a good day as the region had had a lot of rain. It was almost fun getting stuck on the rocks and trying to get ourselves loose! I flipped off my tube once and was a little scared I would hit my head on a rock. But my friend helped me up! I do recommend buying the water shoes or bringing your own. They sell them there for a mere 10 bucks. Definitely a lot of fun!

Reviewed 10 September 2013

We've been coming to Helen for years and recently just realized they had a water park, now I know why - nothing to see here.
Lazy River, Open Slide, and Tunnel Slide. That is it. Pay $15.00 to use these 3 rides. Tubing down a real river is included, but that only cost $3.00 so not really a bargain there. Not much to say because there isn't much there. Lifeguards seemed to be lackadaisical in monitoring everything. If they saw something against safety or rules, they just turned their head.
Would be nice if there was a regular pool to actually swim at a water park. It seemed clean although they don't have proper flushing toilets (directions posted on proper procedure).
Undecided if I would return to this place. Check it out if you are already in Helen but by no means, don't make a special trip.

Reviewed 6 September 2013

Just wanted to let everyone know that I truly enjoyed the experience I had going tubing with my husband. As long as I have been on this earth, I waited until I get in my fifties to do this. Wish I had done it a long time ago. Helen, GA. is such a beautiful place to visit, no matter what time of year it is. My husband and I went last month tubing. Let me tell you, this was so much fun. Yes, soaking wet, but who cares. The price is very reasonable ($5.00) and the is a bus that takes you to the water. We tied our tubes together and just cruised on down. Very relaxing, some few bumps, but that's all in the fun. It was about a couple hours and you see natures beauty, people waving, smiling, just a whole lot of fun. Just be sure to bring extra clothes,( I didn't, caught a cold,lol) I promise you will not regret going. Its almost time for Oktoberfest there, and we will be doing this again.