“Family fun!” 3 of 5 bubbles

8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Family fun!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The trip down the river is great for all ages. My 8 and 13 year old had a fun time. Seems crowded even during the week, but everyone on the river was polite. Would have been 5 stars except the staff was very rude. Lots of teens working in the shop and the 4 we encountered obviously did not like what they were doing. They were not aggressive but seemed very annoyed with having to take my money, open a locker, and even find photos. Upon returning the lady that opened our locker did not verify any of the security info. She opened the locker and walked away. The trip down the river with family was worth the poor customer service, but this place could easily be 5 stars.

1 Thank Cscott37

Warner Robins, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Fun!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

We went twice while we were there. Saturday was extremely busy but it was still real fun. We went again on Monday and it was like we owned the river.

4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Awesome afternoon of floating”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

About the most fun you can have with teens for $5 a pop is 2 hours of floating down the river on a large inflated tube, you can even take a stick with you for pushing out of shallow spots! We started coming here 2 years ago and it has become a family tradition every summer before we head back to school. Weekdays are easier to get in and out and definitely not as crowded. Souvenirs and snacks are available for the teens after the event which includes Mayfield icecream! A great afternoon for the whole family!

Atlanta
72 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 127 helpful votes
“More Like Bumper Boats”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

This was my family's first tubing excursion in Helen. I can't compare and contrast the various tubing companies in the area, but I can comment on the river experience itself.

We tubed on a Sunday, around 1:00. I knew it would be busy on a summer weekend, but it was even more crowded than I could have imagined. The river was a veritable parking lot of tubes and people. Many reviewers have written about getting stuck on rocks. It is a lot more likely that you'll get stuck in a mass of tubes. There's evidence of a large crowd in other ways, too. Mainly the plastic bottles, flip flops, and cigarette butts that are stuck in pockets of the river. I also wasn't expecting the large number of onlookers that were parked alongside the river. I kind of felt like I was part of some sort of a floating spectacle. So in short, this trip is not for those looking for peace, quiet, or solitude.

If you'd like to try navigating around the rocks and around the people, I'd recommend bringing or renting a stick. (To cut back on the overall price, we brought 2 walking sticks, a dowel rod, and a cane fishing pole from home. All worked fine.) Otherwise, plan on getting out of the tube at least a few times to walk yourself around obstacles. I think the river may be a little lower than normal, but know that there are still some deep spots. My 10 year-old hopped out of his tube when he was stagnant, and he ended up treading water. The youngest in our party was 3. She had a tube of her own, but it was strapped to mine. She held on during the "rapids" and loved bumping into other tubes. She only tumbled out once, when she was trying to submerge her feet. I'd say that the excursion is perfectly safe for young children as long as the adults are vigilant.

Overall, my family had fun. We will likely do it again sometime. But we'll be sure to go early in the morning on a weekday.

1 Thank roadtripfamof5
39 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 19 helpful votes
“good little water ride”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

this is one of the better tubing experience , there are two options , the shorter ride which is around a hour, and the longer ride which is two hours, it's fun for the family and is great for the hotter days, the only down side is you will find that you will have to get out of your tube and walk on some parts of the river because it gets shallow and you will get stuck every now and then but well worth the price which starts at around 3 dollars per person. Check it out