“Great choice for Helen”

Ranked #13 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Farmington, Missouri
“Great choice for Helen”
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Igls has everything you could want or need. Great location for your stay in Helen plus golf course, pool, bbq grills and more. Close to Helen without the traffic. Beautiful setting. Stayed at the Ilgs Resort the last 4 years.

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Larry R

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Johnson City, Tennessee
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Let me preface by saying I didn't stay here, so this review is solely based on the golfing experience. The course is in poor shape. Fairways without grass, bunkers without sand. The trees and shrubs are not kept up, and the 70's niche German theme needs a major overhaul. The only plus was that the greens were in pretty good shape. Go play at The Orchard or Kingwood... please!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank utchampions
Monroe, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 June 2012

First let me explain Innsbruck! It is a gated community with residential area, many rental properties, a beautiful golf course, and the IGLS (pronounced "eagels) villa resort. We stayed in a 2 bedroom (plus a loft), free-standing villa. I am a person who sees the "glass half-full" and I typically look for the good, but I will try to be objective here.
Helen is a wonderful place to visit. We stayed in unit 102 in early June for 6 nights. The price tag was hard to pass up for a week in a resort so we jumped on it. There are fewer than 20 units and we felt like we were alone at the resort much of the week. Never shared the pool with another person, and only saw or talked with neighbors twice the whole week!! It really was like we had the place to ourselves. Our villa was right across the parking area from the pool and fenced play area (old tennis court). We have teenagers, but the play area would be a dream for little ones--the resort provides 5 or 6 little ride-on toys. There is a basketball goal, and a cornhole game for grown ups too! Board games and books can be borrowed in the clubhouse next to the pool. If you hop in your car and drive about a mile down the hill, there is another pool and two beautiful tennis courts for use too! (Bring your own equipment) If you are a golfer, you will have to try the course. It was not very busy while we were there and my husband and son would go ball hunting in the evening! I think it was his favorite thing to do...like a grown-up egg hunt! (found over 200 balls!!) Don't bother bringing bikes unless you plan to take them to ride on the assigned trails in the parks. Innsbruck has too many hills to bike!!
Now for info on the villas...the decor is a bit outdated (alot of mauve and green!), but we found it clean and well maintained. The two downstairs bedrooms have a queen bed in each and are very spacious. Only two TV's. One in the master (small) and one in living room. Internet connection is available and free. The upstairs loft has two twin beds and a full dresser and night stand. Linens were clean and plentiful. My oldest son slept on the couch the first night and ended up staying there the whole week! The kitchen is small with older appliances, but well equipped. Ice maker is amazing-fast. The resort provided plenty of trash bags, diswasher detergent, dish soap, hot pads, dish rags and scrubbers. If you need more, you just ask Betty! The air was cold and worked great, but it was cool when we were there. There is a coffee maker...don't forget filters. I recommend bringing gallon water for coffee and drinking. There is a full size washer, dryer, iron and ironing board, vacuum, and broom. There is a small patio off the living room with plastic table and chairs and a small patio off the master bedroom. I brought a beach chair along and sat out on the small deck every morning with my coffee!
If you have never been to Helen, there are a few things you MUST do during your visit. Go to Betty's (country store in town) and get a giant homemade cookie! Also, try a bottled soda...Prickly Pear was fantastic! There is a Dollar General right in Helen...lifesaver place! If you need to get groceries go to Cleveland...or there are Ingles in every surrounding town too! Go to Unicoi State Park (5 min drive) and go canoeing for just $6 per hour. Not a huge lake so one hour is enough, but you could go a couple times in a week! Also, the Unicoi/Helen hike is beautiful. The brochure says it will take 2 hours, but we did it in just an hour. Also, the walk to Anna Ruby Falls is worth the $2. Float the Hooch for just $3 a ride...takes about 2 hours (bring water shoes with ya!). Many, many more parks and hikes close by. Atlanta is close and the Coke museum or Aquarium is great for a rainy day!
IGLS is not a modern, new place but if you want value, comfort, quiet, and friendly service then this is the place to stay. We stayed here for 7 days for the same cost of about 3 days at the beach! We had a terrific family vacation and I will recommend this resort to my friends who appreciate the important stuff....making awesome memories!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
20 Thank vacationspot5
SC Midlands
Reviewed 9 October 2007

The house we rented at Innsbruck Golf Resort for a weekend during Oktoberfest was fabulous - it's called Castle in the Sky if you Google it - and I would highly recommend it to a large group or family. It had 3 floors, 5 private bedrooms (including master suite with jaccuzi, 2 other private baths & 1 shared bath, and I think 3 half baths. You could also sleep a couple of people in the living room & in the basement game room if necessary. I think we paid around $850 and took 8 people for 2 nights, so you can see it was well worth the money! Actually cheaper than a motel during Oktoberfest. It's just outside of town but the drive up to the house is a little winding and steep. Once you get up there, though, the view of the wooded area and mountains is wonderful. I dealt directly with the owner most of the time and he was very accommodating and a gracious host - even though he lives out of state. I would highly recommend this rental if you're taking a group or large family.

4 Thank chihuahuamama