“I love Country Inn & Suites in Helen, GA”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Ranked #1 of 19 Hotels in Helen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 16 October 2011

My wife and I recently visited Helen, Georgia for Oktoberfest. We were so impressed that I sent the following Email to General Manger, Lisa King-Hulsey:

"Hi Lisa!

Just a short Email to thank you for the outstanding hospitality on the weekend of September 30th to October 2nd. It was a lovely surprise to find a tasty meal upon our arrival plus the goody bags and beer! The room was spotless and the bed very comfortable. After our morning trek to Anna Ruby Falls and Brasstown Bald we made use of the indoor pool later that evening to sooth our tired bones. You made our stay a wonderful and memorable experience. Rest assured we will be recommending Country In & Suites in Helen to all of our family and friends at Shaw AFB, the surrounding area, and all of our friends around the world."

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tom D
There are newer reviews for Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen

Reviewed 13 October 2011

I stayed at the Country Inn for a class scheduled by work. The class was held at the hotel. The managers and staff were incredibly accommodating and informative. The building and grounds were well kept and you can walk to the attractions in the town. Had an excellent stay.

The wifi was fast and easy,and the free breakfast was better than I expected.

Room Tip: Talk to the manager. I can't be sure, but I think her name was Lisa. She was awesome.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Chet R
Reviewed 12 October 2011

My wife and I spent the weekend of 7 and 8 October at Country Inn and Suites. Staff was excellent and helpful-----breakfast was enjoyable with a large selection-----room was clean with very comfortable bed----cant recall desk clerk's name but she responded to all requests----will be making reservations for next year at same hotel. For the record my wife and I are not novice travelers----recently spent several days in Myrtle Beach and a week in Boston Ma

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Ragwen
Reviewed 8 October 2011

I recentlyhad the oportunityto stay at the Country Inn & Suites in Helen Georgia for a 3 DAY buisness meeting. I would like to commend Lisa Hulsey and her stafffor a great stay. Check in was a breeze,the most pleasant experience that I have had in while considering that I had just recently stayed at the Hilton in Athens. Land her staff were very friendly and knowledgeable,taking the time to talk and answer any questions that our buisness group had. There was always good hot fresh coffee downstairs in the lobby no matter what time of the day or night. (Coffee in the room not so good) There were fresh baked cookies every day. Breakfast was out of this world with a variety of choices, not just cereal and bagels but grits, eggs, fruit, waffles sauage, biscuits, along with the cereal and bagels. The room had everything you could possibly need.(refrigator, microwave, writing table, 2 queen beds etc.) There were rocking chairs outside on the porch/sitting area for the guests. This has been one of the most pleasant experiences I have had with hotels. Room rates were very reasonable a (bang for your buck) Upon returning home from this trip I suggested to my husband that we take our annual family tip here. I would highly recommend this hotel tootherrs snd will be stsaying her when ever I' m in that area.I could not have asked for better service,friendless, and knowledgeof the area, The rates were out of this world. You could not asked for a better deal for your dollar.

Room Tip: Rooms are quiet and spacious
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank Pat W
Reviewed 4 October 2011

My wife and I were part of a group from Shaw AFB. We were greeted upon arrival by Lisa and her staff, who went out of their way to make sure were had a wonderful stay. The entire staff made us an outstanding dinner Friday night and a to-go bag when we left Sunday. The hotel was great with soft, comfortable beds. The continental breakfast was excellent each morning. I just want to thank Lisa and her staff for making our stay outstanding and look forward to returning to Helen and staying at Country Inn & Suites.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gerald S
Reviewed 3 October 2011

My husband and I would like to thank Lisa Hulsey and her staff for going over and beyond during our first time to Helen. The meal, Friday night, was such and nice surprise and enjoyed by all in our group from Shaw AFB. Everyone was so friendly and knowledgeable of the area and made us feel welcomed. The to-go-bags left is our room was also a very nice touch. The next time we visit Helen we will be sure to make reservations with Country Inn & Suites!!! You guys ROCK!!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Beverly E
Reviewed 30 September 2011

We made reservations for 2 people, thought we were getting the standard 2 queen beds in room. No, we got one king bed and a sofa bed. They stated the sofa bed was the second bed!! The sofa bed was of course substandard and uncomfortable. Yet we were charged for 2 queen beds!! The staff is very friendly until they get your credit card, then they could care less about you. They claim they have free internet, yet you can't get connected. They were not helpful, not caring at all. The place was dirty, The carpet needed vacuuming, Not impressed at all, and will not be staying there again. On a positive note, they did have a decent breakfast, that was free.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
5  Thank Elizabeth S
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2011

I certainly want to personally apologize that you have concerns about your experience and stay with us. Although it is never pleasant to hear when a guest is not satisfied with his or her experience, we do need to be aware of these situations.

At the Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, we take pride in trying to offer outstanding service to help meet and exceed our guest’s expectations. We regret occasions such as this one when we feel we have not lived up to our guest’s expectations. We appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns because your input is valuable to us.

The director of your group booked only king rooms. There were no rooms booked at all with 2 beds. I did put you in a king suite. There were no rooms available during your stay with two beds. The charge you are speaking of was a group rate. The room you were in was an upgrade for the rooms with two beds. The two bed rooms are standard rooms. I'm sorry you felt as though our staff was uncaring. I can assure you that our staff takes great pride in their jobs and goes out of their way to make sure a guest is happy. Unfortunately, I was unable to accommadate your request for two beds, we simply did not have them during your stay. As I stated at check in, there were no rooms with two beds, your director booked only king beds. Our rooms and all hotel carpet are vacuumed daily. All of our carpets were just shampooed within the last 6 weeks. I am very sorry your stay was unpleasant. Please accept my apology!