“Great Place to Stay and Relax”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Ranked #1 of 18 Hotels in Helen
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 26 June 2012

My wife and I spent the weekend in Helen, GA. After my first choice for a place to stay was sold out I came down the road about a block and found my new No. 1. The front desk clerk was very friendly and answered all my questions. The rates were good and the room was clean and fresh. The bed was almost as good as ours at home and the breakfast was wonderful. The pool and jacuzzi were nice to relax in after a day of tubing and walking the strip. The wifi was faster than I expected. The hotel always had cookies, coffee and hot tea in the lobby and a microwave and fridge in the room. I will definetely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Stayed on the third floor and never heard a peep and the hotel was booked solid.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Management response:Responded 30 June 2012

Thank you for the kind words. I am proud that you have have your new #1 hotel. We bake our cookies fresh daily. Carolyn does a great job preparing our hot breakfast. We look forward to your next trip our way.

Reviewed 24 June 2012

Country Inn & Suites was a great get away for me , it was in the heart of Helen with walking distance to restaurants. Their rooms were clean and their breakfast was excellent. The staff was very friendly and they always had fresh hot cookies and coffee. I highly recommend it!!

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The staff is very friendly.
Its very clean. Could stand some updates, but that's just aesthetics.
The breakfast is great, a little crowded and noisy, but the food was excellent!
The coffee in the lobby is not that bad..
They have a great welcoming atmosphere; you really feel "home" like.
Indoor pool is cold, but they have a spa tub that is hot..so you can bounce between the two.
Over all a good stay. I couldn't have picked a better place in Helen.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Brimarshall
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Me & my husband stayed there wed-fri. We stayed in a king with a whirlpool that was great. We didn't go to the pool it looked small. They had coffee/hot cocoa with cookies 24/7. The breakfast was like any other hotel it ended at 9:30am on the weekdays. The hotel staff was nice; my husband asked about who delivered and they gave us some take out menus. The Tv was on a low dresser that it was hard to change the channels if your laying in bed. Walking distance to the shops.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
CountryInnHelen, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2012

I am so glad you enjoyed the fresh cookies. They seem to be a favorite of all guests. Hope you had a great dinner with the suggestions we made. Thank you for your comments regarding your stay. We value our guests comments and use them to fine tune our property. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 12 June 2012

My husband and I come to Helen each year for a motorcycle rally and we love staying at this location. We are always welcomed and the rooms are so comfortable and spacious. The staff is friendly and very accomidating to the needs of our large group. The hotel is centrally located in walking distance to restaurants and stores. From the second we arrive we feel as though we are home and not in just another hotel. The staff welcomes our fun but crazy group and never turns a cheek to a request. We wouldn't stay anywhere else in Helen anytime, love this place!

Room Tip: At the time of year we go I enjoy the rooms that face the back side or field cause then you can see...
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We're in a group that's been staying here each year for about the last 7 years. My wife and I have gone the last two years. When traveling, I've stayed at hotels in every class. When given a choice where to stay, I prefer someplace somewhat simple but clean and well maintained. This hotel is maintained like it's the employee's own home. It's clean and has a nice warm feeling about it. A big indoor pool and ALWAYS, plenty of cookies and hot coffee in the lobby.

They have a full, hot breakfast that's well stocked. When you go to the front counter for anything they talk to you like a friend, not a robot (everyone that I've spoke with).

Aside from our group, my wife and I have stayed at other places in Helen in the past and there's simply no comparison.

Room Tip: All the rooms seem to be about the same except for upstairs or down.
Reviewed 7 June 2012

My wife and I enjoyed a very spacious suite. One of the most comfortable rooms we have ever stayed in! We were made very welcome by the friendly staff and could not be happier with our choice of hotels in Helen. I was very impressed that the breakfast staff came in to open breakfast early Sunday knowing many people were leaving early. Very thoughtful of the management and staff knowing what would make a difference to our group! It was much appreciated! Cudos to the whole team!

Mike and Catey Henning

Room Tip: We chose a King Suite for two of us. Since we were there for several nights it gave us plenty of ro...