“Amenity Issue”

Unicoi State Park & Lodge
Ranked #9 of 19 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I was there for a conference last week. I was very disappointed that the Sports Bar there was CLOSED. The lodge was full for the two nights of the conference and there was not a place to congregate in the evening.

Otherwise, the room was nice and the resturant was good.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
JT_Coggins, Front Office Manager at Unicoi State Park & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

I am very sorry about your disappointment with the Tavern being closed. I will pass this on to the appropriate person to prevent this from occurring again in the future. Otherwise, I am glad you enjoyed your stay. It is my hope that you will come back and visit us again in the future.

P:706-878-2201 x412

Reviewed 18 March 2014

My daughter and I stayed in one of the barrel cabins for a long weekend at Unicoi State Park. We had a great time. The cabin was clean and had everything we needed to be cozy and comfortable. The park is gorgeous and well-maintained. We hiked several of the trails and enjoyed them all. The Lodge staff and park rangers were friendly and helpful. We will definitely return to this location.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank B5587TDjenniferc
JT_Coggins, Front Office Manager at Unicoi State Park & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

I am so glad you and your daughter had a great time at Unicoi. We are so glad to have you and thank you for your review. I hope that you will come back in the near future to visit with us again.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

For our spring break trip to the a Smokey Mountians, we chose to have a one night stop on our way and chose Unicoi Lodge. This would be our first time staying and was not sue what to expect. Let me the fist to say if you haven't and please look the up on the web, the staff at the front desk welcomed us as soon as we walked in and made the process fast and painless. Our Rooney was in the lodge the Ash Building rm #619. Our room was very very clean and had everything we needed, a loft for our two girls, two full beds, 36" flat screen tv and the most channels to choose from more than ant hotel we have ever stayed in. The room also had wifi which like everything else was GREAT... Enough said I highly recommend and wii for sure stay again..

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you so much for the great review. We are thrilled that you and your family had such a wonderful time at Unicoi. Please come back and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

Stayed in the camp ground but had to cut the trip shirt due to weather. Extremely clean and very nice staff. Location was excellent. I would highly recommend Unicoi State Park to anyone traveling through the area.

• Stayed: March 2014
JT_Coggins, Front Office Manager at Unicoi State Park & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Thank you for the review. I am glad you liked Unicoi and hope our weather is better next time you visit. Please come visit us again soon.

E: JT.coggins@unicoilodge.com

Reviewed 17 March 2014

My husband and I had a great time for our anniversary. The only thing I thought could've been better is your restaurant. For the breakfast buffet, we were charged over $20 and there wasn't much food to choose from. We could have went to huddle house and got more food for less money.

• Stayed: March 2014
JT_Coggins, Front Office Manager at Unicoi State Park & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Happy Anniversary. I am so glad that you and your husband had a great time at Unicoi. I thank you for your feedback regarding the breakfast buffet. Satisfying our guest's concerns is our highest priority. I will pass along your feedback and make sure that it is addressed. Thank you for taking the time to provide a review.

Reviewed 17 March 2014

This is our second time staying in the barrel cabins at Unicoi State Park. We had a great time on both occasions. The cabins our rustic but clean. The bathroom could use a little TLC
But other than that it is a great place to stay.

1  Thank Anita B

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay in our Barrel Cabins, they are definitely neat to stay in. Our Barrel Cabins, along with other rooms and cabins will be receiving upgrades in the near future. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback and we hope that you visit again soon.

E: JT.coggins@unicoilodge.com

Reviewed 17 March 2014

The lodge room was fantastic and the staff at the lodge couldn't have been any friendlier. We were in town for a conference at the lodge and were very pleased with the entire experience. The only negative on the trip was that there were no darts available in the tavern to play because some children had broken them. Other than that, GREAT experience!

Room Tip: Loft rooms really add something extra special!
Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank himult
JT_Coggins, Front Office Manager at Unicoi State Park & Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

I am so glad you had a great experience at Unicoi and were treated so wonderfully by our team. Please come back and visit with us again soon. I will also see to it that we get more darts in the Tavern. Thank you for taking the time to write a review.