“Small business operating at its finest! ”

Riverbend Motel & Cabins
Ranked #6 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

The owner is amazing its nice staying somewhere where you know the owner truly cares about your experience in Helen! Not a high class place but its clean the rooms are nicer than the outside. I checked in and the owner said go enjoy your time pay me later as we got into town 3 hrs before stores were closing. He said call me with any questions or recommendation s and you could sense he had your back. I will always stay here from now on. Worth every penny. You could stay at a corporate hotel and deal with people that are just there for a check not you.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 July 2014

We stayed over the 4th,had an awesome time. Rooms were very clean an nice. We were very lucky to find this little treasure . Felt very safe ..Will most definitely stay again, an again. The owner is very friendly an helpful. Next to the river, most awesome.

Room Tip: Take a minute to check out this place , before looking else where. Clean, rooms, nice people .Choose...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 9 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Riverbend Motel during the 4th of July weekend. We had stayed there in the past, but this time the rooms had been upgraded with hardwood floors and very modern furniture. I loved the new ceiling in the room! The management is very friendly and helpful. The location is right on the river with swings and picnic tables to sit and rest, very peaceful. It is a very short walk to main street. Would highly recommend this motel to anyone, and will definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I recommend the top floor for quiteness and the view
Reviewed 8 July 2014

My husband and I stayed in the hotel on a Sunday night( June 30th) and we had a wonderful time. Our room was very clean and updated. The bed was great-very comfy.
The hotel is right on the river and they have these great swings you can sit in and watch people tube down the river. You can easily walk to all the shops and restaurants from this hotel-great location.
The owner is wonderful....very nice and very helpful. We had a wonderful time and plan on going back soon.

Room Tip: Our room was on the second floor but you can easily get to the river from any room.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Well decorated interior with a real home feeling. Balcony looked right onto the river which I enjoyed while having my morning coffee. Place was fully furnished. It was also an easy walk to get food or go shopping! Loved my stay and will definitely be a returning customer!

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 7 July 2014

The cabin #2 was very clean. The staff and management were very delightful . The balcony overlooking the river cannot be beat. customer service is also second to none. I watched as the manager tried to make an impossible customer happy. It was a lost cause, but a valiant effort. I do know after watching this exchange, if I have a problem. Every effort will be made to make me happy. Rooms are already reserved for October, it cannot come soon enough, Wilder Kirkland

Room Tip: Cabins give the best view of the river.
2  Thank Wilder K
Reviewed 6 July 2014

If we had not traveled with our dog, we would never had stayed at this motel! Due to needing to get a better location than the cabin in the woods we had rented from Tanglewood (which was horrible; run down and nasty), we just needed an upgrade and it was last minute on the 4th of July. The manager took full advantage of that situation and price gouged us. The room was somewhat clean, but was no where near the $239.99 per night rate (not to mention the pet fee and tax) he charged us! There's no amenities; pool, breakfast, microwave, or safe. Do yourself a favor, don't even consider this place.

3  Thank Lisa H
Mark M, Manager at Riverbend Motel & Cabins, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear, Lisa H.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your stay over this past weekend. Feedback is vital to our improvement process and we value it in any form.

I remember checking you and your husband into the property that night, and I’m so delighted that we were able to accommodate your family and your pet on such short notice! The room was quite literally our last available room on Independence Day, and we’re glad you approved the room before you purchased it. It pains us to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay especially after the kind words and compliments you gave us throughout your stay and during checkout the following morning. If you or your husband had mentioned any sort of dissatisfaction to any member of our staff or me we would have corrected any problem areas immediately. I hope that you will give our property another opportunity to meet and exceed your expectations. Give us a call at your convenience and we’ll be sure to plan a getaway for you that you’ll truly enjoy!

Best regards,