Riverbend Motel & Cabins
US$122
US$82
EconoLodge
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$92/night.

Baymont by Wyndham Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
US$128
US$123
US$98
US$89
US$180
US$160
Quality Inn Alpine Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
US$130
US$118
US$183
US$171
Red Roof Inn Helen(Helen)(Great Value!)
US$119
US$169
US$165
US$263
1,423 results
All reviewsthe riverwithin walking distanceplace to stayceiling fanget awaythe main streetshops and restaurantsdowntown helenmiddle of townclose to townthe room was nicestaff was very friendlymarkcabingatuberspet
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Although my daughter and I got in early, we were allowed to check in. Maybe we should have waited. Clearly the door had been kicked in at some point. There was toilet paper stuck in the hole of the door, and the gears to the lock could be seen through the opening. The handle was also quite loose. The ceiling fan would have been nice, but it could not be used. I asked one of the women from the desk how it could be turned on. She was kind of snarky when she told me that most people pull the string. I informed her there was no string. Upon return to the room, I tried to use the “free wi-fi.” There were password instructions on a sheet in the room. I could not log in using the provided information. After the attitude I received when asking about the fan, I just checked my email by using my phone. The room did have a nice view, and the swings by the river were nice. This hotel was also in a good location. But for 209.00 after tax, I would look elsewhere in the future.

Room Tip: Check the room before paying
Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Michele M
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We arrived around 12:30 PM at the Riverbend Motel & Cabins at 134 River Street in Helen. It is located pretty much centered within the town literally besides the Chattahoochee River. This selection ended up being perfect allowing us to walk around the town with little or no effort. J. Constan, hotel manager checked us in, but due to so early our room wasn’t ready. She took my cell number and within the hour contacted me for room access. This actually worked out, since we both desired eating a large German meal for lunch. Our room was 122 located on the 1st floor at closest room to the river. You actually can park in a semi-garage right underneath our room. The first floor is actually up on stilts in preparation for flooding by the river. Access stairs from the parking area to our room was extremely easy. You can tell as you look at the gorgeous Bavarian architecture of the hotel skyline that emits that old country charm and grace. I will say they should rehire a facility maintenance person, since the previous one departed; there are many repairs that should be attended to. The open room consists of a vaulted ceiling with gorgeous crown molding, king bed, microwave, and a refrigerator. My wife was very pleased with the soft and comfortable bedding. There is a quaint free continental breakfast located within the hotel lobby. However, if you are used to a heavy breakfast, you probably will need to either supplement it by bringing extra or walking up to a close restaurant like waffle house. One of the most enjoyable things besides the friendly staff that I remember is sitting in the swing overlooking the Chattahoochee River. You can really pass the time away watching the tubers drifting down the river.

Room Tip: Recommend Suites By River
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ramrod7
Reviewed 7 May 2018

First, the place is old so I never expected it to be fresh and perfect. The lobby is nice. The two ladies at the front desk were AWESOME! There is no elevator to floors 1 and 2 - which was ok b/c we only had one bag each to carry. While walking to our room I noticed something odd - that I had never seen before! Outside of each room was a chair. All of the chairs were old and in need of repair. They look terrible - almost scary - sitting outside each room. Never have I ever seen this! The covering was torn off of most. They just looked gross and the gave the hotel a trashy feel. When we got to our room you could tell that the door had been kicked in at some point. You could literally see into the room! There was toilet paper stuck in the hole of the door. This made me very uncomfortable! Whey I got in the room I was pleased - for the most part - about how it looked. I love the floors! The curtains were broken and hanging off in places. The table and chairs in the room were very old and the chairs were dirty. The floor was not level - you walked down hill to the bathroom. The bathroom sink was very low - I'm 5'2" and it his my upper thighs. It looks like they are trying to make improvements! But the first improvements should be SAFETY! FIX THE DOORS!!!! And the second improvement should be GET RID OF THE NASTY CHAIRS BY EACH DOOR! NO NICE HOTEL DOES THIS! We also had a ceiling fan in our room. I thought that was nice. But, we never could figure out how to turn it on. We were thankful to find somewhere to stay. We were also thankful that there were other families and nice couples staying there. It is right on the water. We enjoyed sitting by the river. I told the girl in the morning about the door - she said lots of the doors are like that. I think its sad. It could be a very nice place to stay. I don't think I would stay here with out my husband simply b/c of the doors.

Room Tip: Beware of the doors that have been kicked in and NOT REPAIRED!
  • Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 April 2018

Beautiful location on river, easy walk to Main St. Helen, Ga. Excellent value and friendly staff. Covered parking for motorcycles and can almost fish in river from front door. They are also very dog friendly. Excellent free coffee. Plenty of free parking. Close to shopping, cafes and restaurants. We plan to return many times.

Room Tip: Ask for a pet room if traveling with dog, etc. All rooms have view of river.
  • Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 March 2018

The property is run down, outdated and just pure nasty! As soon as we checked in and went to our room, we knew we would not stay five minutes here, let alone an entire night! The furniture was old and in bad disrepair, the bed was not clean and crisp looking, when I pulled the sheets back to look, there was human hair and stains on the sheets. There were 2 bags of garbage in the floor of the bathroom. There were crumbs and other debris around the microwave and left over food in the refrigerator. I was so horrified, I didn't think to take pictures (I wish I had). We checked out immediately! DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed: February 2018, travelled as a couple