“Rude Owner”

The Meeting Place Family Restaurant
Ranked #14 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: This great restaurant is in conjunction to a great little gift shop called The Village Peddler. You can eat in or out in a charming courtyard or on the porch. Wait staff are very friendly as the food is down home good! We are a retired couple but love to bring our children and grandchildren as well as friends. Very relaxing and price is very moderate!!
Calhoun
“Rude Owner”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We walk in and we want to sit out side an there was a family about to leave and it was 10:00 so the lady at the front told us we can wait till they leave then a very rude owner of the meeting place told us we need to go inside to eat because if you did they wouldn't server us and my 83 year old grandmother nicely told the lady that the people were gone so the owner told my grandmother that they well not server us and she told us to leave well my 3 year old had to us the restroom and she would not let me take her to the restroom and the owner of the meeting place told us never to come back.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank Goodgirl26

“Disappointed”
Reviewed 27 July 2014

First, breakfast is only served until 10:30, which seems a little early for lunch. After ordering lunch, we read the breakfast menu and concluded we didn't miss much. It was pretty much the basics, not as good as home. Lunch was the same. My burger tasted like a frozen, preformed patty, very dry. The special of the day was similar to a grocery store Banquet entree. The facility is clean and cute with a large outside eating area on Main Street in an interesting cluster of shops. Good parking. Service was a little slow, prices were probably average for Helen. If we ate in Helen again, we would opt for a view and take our chances with the food.

Leland, North Carolina
“Great place to eat. Would eat yhere often.”
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The place is very nice, The food and
service were outstanding. I was very
happy with my meal there. I'm already
way overweight so I'm kind of glad I
don't live close to this place.( Not
really....I would just have to exercise. )
I HIGHLY RECOMMEND this place.
I am sure you will love this place.
As good as home cooked by MOM !!

1 Thank Michael E
Bradenton, Florida
“Breakfast in Helen”
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Day two in Helen - had breakfast here. Sat inside and service was on the spot. We arrived early and there wants a crowd. Christian and Military (Honoring our Service Men & Women) theme inside. . .Food was good too !

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank Laura B
Elizabethtown, Kentucky
“Odd atmosphere..actually did not get to eat there.”
Reviewed 6 July 2014 via mobile

Arrived at 10am on a Sunday morning. The waitress said they stopped serving breakfast. Told us of another restaurant about a block down the street. Very odd place.So went to Helen Cafe...very laid back.Helen,GA does not have great service at most of their eateries...

4 Thank 51Snowy