“Not what I expected”

Ranked #8 of 75 Restaurants in Helen
Price range: US$9 - US$34
Cuisines: American
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: 2018 SPECIALS: Sunday Brunch: 10am-2pm Music & Booze start at 1230pm Mouthwatering Mondays: 20% OFF entire Menu/ $5 Sangrias Tapas Tuesdays: Small, unique, affordable dishes with a Southern flare/ $5 House Wines Wild Game Wednesdays: Elk, Venison, Halibut, Duck & More - MKT Price/ $4 Well Liquor Drinks Thirsty Thursdays: $7 Specialty Burgers/ $3 ALL Draft Beer Pints Fridays & Saturdays: Chef Specials & Live Music
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I stopped in for an early dinner while visiting Helen, GA. I was not impressed with the food especially sine its primarily a steak place. I had a ten oz. NY strip steak. It was tough and overcooked. I did not complain; but then again the waiter wasn't very attentive. I found the food to be pricey especially for its quality. I recommend going to another steak house in town.

1  Thank Joe F

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I got shrimp and grits which were very good! The service was pretty good but the flies were annoying. Once the server put a plate of hot sauce on the table the fly situation improved.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Pretty sure my husbands steak was rotten meat. He said he thought it was rotten and I said it’s probably the wine on it. But mine had the same and was different cut and when I tasted yep it was SPOILED MEAT ! grits were good and so was Mac and cheese. My steak was good. Lobster tail was horrible and rubber. One steak plate is $40 for a plate. I have had way better fresher dinner for this price. Do yourself a favor and eat at Chain Places in Helen. Also we were swarmed from flies all over our indoor area and they were continually swarming us. No soap in men’s bathroom and had to ask 4 people for soap.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While I was at cowboys and angels I had an awesome time. Me and my wife had several phenomenal drinks made by Tiana, the bartender. I had a 22oz cowboy ribeye with huge tender asparagus and a caesar salad. I was informed that all dressings are housemade and delicious. I found that out very quickly. I met a guy (Chris) at the bar who later turned out to be the owner. He quickly responded to a table when an issue occurred. He took care of the problem with no questions and went along with his business. I also watched as he checked all the tables to make sure everyone was more than satisfied with their meal and experience. Their team does such a great job! No wonder they were voted best of 2017! We had an amazing time!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Spectacular brunch quiche, will be back!! We also had a filet w/ shrimp with and monitor sauce. Service is very personal and everyone makes you feel like family!!

Chris W, Owner at Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Glad y’all enjoyed it! Thanks for the support and the review! See you soon!

Chris

Been to Cowboys & Angels Restaurant and Bar? Share your experiences!