Budgetel Inn and Suites
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 May 2012

I had booked a room to stay at this hotel in July. I called to make sure my reservation had went thru they lady who answered the phone was RUDE as all get out, I stared reading the reviews and decided i did not wont to stay so i called back to cancell the room and a guy answered he didnt wont to cancel my reservation after telling him i was not coming he finally stated "i will cancel it but it will have to be later" not trusting him to cancel i went online to cancel. They do not know how to run a hotel VERY RUDE every time i called. I would NOT stay with this hotel at all and i have not even stepped foot in the door. If you get RUDE customer service over the phone i cant even beging to think of how it would be in person

Room Tip: owners are RUDE
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 May 2012

We travel to Helen, GA three or four times a year, and until this past weekend (5/19/12) have always stayed at the Hampton Inn. While staying there, we've never had the slightest issue and always left Helen eager to return. This trip was a different experience altogether. Around six weeks ago, I tried to book a room at the Hampton Inn but, because of several events in town, they were completely booked. Unfortunately, I found a room available at the Rodeway Inn. Although I had never stayed there while in Helen, the $137.99 (not much less than we pay at the Hampton) plus %15 taxes, led me to believe this would at least be a clean, decent place to stay. Neither my wife and I smoke, and, we would be taking two small boys (one of which has asthma) that we were watching for friends with us, so we had reserved a non-smoking room. We confirmed this requirement via two telephone calls with hotel staff (Once THEY called US, once we called them) days prior to our arrival. When we check in on 5/19/12, we again asked, and were again assured, that the room was non-smoking. As we approached our room (209) we noted that it, unlike all of the other non-smoking rooms we had passed, did not have a non-smoking placard or sticker on the door. When we opened the door, we were immediately assaulted by the over-powering smell of cigarette smoke. My wife returned to the office and was told by the staff that we were in a non-smoking room, and that the "guests" frequently remove the non-smoking signs from the doors. My wife insisted we be given another room, as one of the boys has asthma and could not stay in a smoking room. We were told that due to the events going on in Helen, that all rooms, in the hotel, and at all other hotels, were completely booked, and no alternate was available to us. My wife requested a reduced rate and was flatly told no. When she requested to speak with the manager (approximately 3 pm) she was told that the manager was not going to be on site until 6 pm. (the manager was NEVER available, although we did go back after 6 pm). We tried to find another room in town but were unable to. Upon hearing we would have to stay in the room, the small boy with asthma had a complete "meltdown". After we finally were able to calm him, we asked him if he wanted to return home. As he did not want to simply return home, we were trapped into staying in this room. We asked the staff for a can of disinfectant to try to "freshen" the room and were told they had none. We ended up buying one (the largest size you can get) can of Lysol and had to spray the room (drapes, carpet, bed linens, towels, etc.) multiple times. In addition to reeking of smoke, the room was filthy. The chair pads were totally stained and the arms had dark dirt smears everywhere, the carpet appeared un-vacuumed and heavily stained, the "dresser" had drawers that would not close and one was missing the pull handle, the smoke detector was inoperative and had no battery in it (the batery compartment was wide open), only one outlet worked in the sink area, the tub had a dark dirt ring around it and there were holes in the bathroom wall and unpainted spackle patches on other wall areas. The TV was an old tube type with "spotty" signal quality. We had to run the A/C unit at 66 degrees to keep air moving in the room. I got little sleep overnight (partly due to the one awful, tiny pillow they give for each occupant) because the smoke stench was so strong that I had to respray the drapes and carpets three times during the night so that the two boys would be able to get some sleep. This hotel is not one that I would recommend for a disliked family pet to stay in. The room was a total rip off, for far less than they took us for, and the staff looked my wife right in the eye and lied to her about the room being non-smoking. I have nothing against people smoking if they choose to do so. They have the option of requesting a room that they can smoke in. I simply asked, and reserved for the same option. This hotel's staff did not give a damn about us as customers, nor about the fact that the room could have caused a potentially fatal asthma attack for the eight year old boy who was with us. I would recommend that anyone, other than those seeking to stay at a total dump, avoid this hotel at all cost.

Room Tip: Avoid this hotel at all costs!
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 April 2012

We were excited to be traveling thru Helen, Ga. on our way to North Carolina. Having stayed at a Quality Inn in Commerce, we had enough points for a free night in Helen. The only Choice Hotel was the Rodeway. After looking at their website, we decided that the hotel looked good, clean and updated. I couldn't have been more wrong. They show a nice breakfast area along with updated rooms, not the case when you get there. There is no breakfast room and probably no breakfast as front desk clerk never told us of their breakfast or other amenities. There is a Ramada hotel not far and I would suggest staying there. Stay away from this Rodeway at all lengths. We are staying one night and one night is all I could take. Just hope I don't see any bugs! The bed just has a flat sheet covering the mattress - not fitted. Towels are thin and dingy. I was not pleased to hear clerk say that they don't get paid when someone uses a free night. I quickly pointed out that I knew they got paid by Corporate. I got the dirtiest look ever - I caught her in a lie!

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank bonsblueyes104
Reviewed 17 April 2012

We were looking forward to staying here but we were very disappointed. A number of things need maintenance such as the socket for the hairdryer which is unsafe and causes lights to flicker. The door restrainer which only allows the door to be opened fractionally has been broken.

The room was not serviced as promised and, when you ask about any problems the daughter is sent to deal with you. A typical response to a question about why national TV channels which were on the first night are no longer working is "I don't know" and probably don't care either. This place needs a thorough overhaul.

I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ExItteacher
Reviewed 18 December 2011

My review is based on the room I used (116). I am very picky about smells and cleanliness.

This room was clean, quiet, and had no smell at all. Also is was very cheap (I went there outside of "the season"). The internet connection was amazingly fast (faster than the one I pay at home, and which is supposed to be fast). However, the internet connection got disconnected about 5 times in one day, but less than 5 seconds each time.

I usually use Bestwestern, and I would say this place (at least this room, 116) was comparable to it.

I will definitely return as long as the price is not too high.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo