“Disappointed”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #14 of 18 Hotels in Helen
Reviewed 31 July 2014

First of all I reserved 4 rooms at what I thought was 119 per night which was really 149.99. I decided not to let that ruin the weekend plans with the family only to find out the nightly rate ended up being 172 per room making this the most expensive one night stay I have ever had. We were given $5 off the water park coupons good for all in the party from the desk clerk. Upon arriving at the park they would not honor these coupons causing more distress. We arrived for breakfast the next morning to find miniature sausage and biscuits, cellophane wrapped in a paper plate and bagels in a plastic bag. Poorest hotel breakfast I have ever experienced and I have experienced many poor hotel breakfast. The TV in our room would only get half the channels and looked like a 1962 tube TV. The ice machine/vending area was covered in about 10 million mosquitoes (and I am not stretching this). You asked and I gave you the truth as best I can. This hotel charges like a 3 star and delivers like a 1/2 star.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
econolodgehelengeorg, Webmaster at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2015

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I apologize that we disappointed you. Since the time of your stay, we’ve made changes in staffing and in the hotel in general. Today, we’re providing a more consistent and more pleasant experience. I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you as soon as possible.

Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

When we arrived it was a blessing meeting the staff and owners.The service was very helpful with information about helen .the rooms were extremely clean and comfortable with no noise .there is a large water park across the street.the price was very cheap compared to any other motels in the area and we will be coming back every time we can .ps...THANKS SAM and VANDA!!!!!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

when first arriving staff didn't seem that friendly. room wasn't anything to brag about all old and musty. the worst part was there incompetency in giving definite pricing and receipt upon check out. we checked out early but knew we would have to pay for the following night which was fine. But when we got home and woke up the next morning there were 5 charges on our card from the hotel. overcharging us by about 250 dollars!! I called several times each time being told a manager would be in touch with me, which never happened. each day a charge was finally removed. I called the last time to ask about the final charge still being about 120 dollars over and the employee was very rude I couldn't understand her and then she started shouting at me. very bad customer service. all in all we only chose to stay at this hotel because we could bring our dog and word to the wise stay somewhere else anywhere else.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank VACATIONER162014

Dear Guest,

I appreciate your comments. I apologize if there was a billing issue or if we let you down in any other ways. This is unacceptable. Since your stay, we’ve made changes that have improved dramatically the quality of the guest experience. I hope you will soon give us another chance to satisfy you. We’ll be here for you when you’re ready.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

My wife and I just stayed at this hotel (Wed, Thurs, and Fri). The rooms were clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. The continental breakfast was more then adequate. We will be staying here again in October. Can't beat it for the price.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jim W
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Stayed two nights in July. Pool had not been cleaned all week nor the circulator running. Globs of hair, dirt, and bugs in it. The breakfast was a joke. The juices were watered down, coffee was horrible, the food was a waste. The room was clean but had flyes and gnats flying around. The beds were wore out. They only had one roll of toilet paper and one pack of coffee. We put the DO NOT DISTURB sign out so the staff would stay out. We pulled into the lot as they were entering our room. I've stayed at plenty of Econo lodges and all were good except this one. I would be embarrassed with name on the building if I was Econo

1  Thank Reillydawg

Dear Guest,

Thanks so much for your comments. I’m sorry that several issues made your stay less than pleasant. We take full responsibility for these shortcoming and take real pride in now offering the best possible guest experience. You can be sure we’ll do better for you next time. Nothing means more to us than providing a pleasant guest experience.

Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms were awful, mattress came apart, smoke detector beeped all night, cable was awful, no linens, breakfast was a joke, coffee weak as pond water, no waffles, eggs etc cheap 50 cent size sauage n biscuits very bad place not recommended for dogs to stay there

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m sorry we let you down in some way during your stay. In the months since your visit, we’ve significantly improved our hotel and our staffing. We’re now doing a better job of meeting guest needs than ever before, and I hope you will give us another chance to satisfy you soon.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

First let me say that we stayed here on the 4th of July and the room rates were more than double what they normally run. Our room was on the back side of the hotel away from the NOISY water park across the street. The room appeared clean, the bathroom and sink was clean, the carpet had been recently cleaned. The room had a microwave, small fridge, a blow dryer, iron and ironing board. You could hear people slamming doors and partying at all hours of the night. We had our 4 Chihuahuas with us and they were disturbed the whole time. The bed was OK and the pillows were standard flat hotel pillows. We have no desire to ever return to Helen because we didn't like anything about the town. We have stayed here twice before but this third time was NOT a charm and Helen is OUT of our travel plans ever again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank LisaandBruce

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your comments. I’m glad you had a generally acceptable experience with us despite not liking the town. For any ways we let you down, I apologize. We take real pride in our hotel and are now providing a better experience than ever before if you should choose to return at some point. We’ll always be here for you.