“A chocolate lover's paradise”
Review of Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe - CLOSED

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were in Hiawassee, GA for the first time to enjoy a long weekend. The owner's of Chancey Hill Bed & Breakfast, where we were staying, suggested this restaurant after we arrived the first evening. We liked our Chocolate Wrap so much the first evening along with our awesome chocolate dessert recommended by Tara, our waitress, that we returned on Sunday afternoon for a second time during this same weekend. I dined on the Chocolate Shrimp Appetizer, the Chocolate Chicken Salad, and enjoyed the same dessert we had devoured on Friday evening. We were celebrating my birthday on Sunday--and this was the first time in my life I enjoyed 3 courses all including chocolate. This place is not to be missed for both the delicious food and the excellant service.

1  Thank luvscenery

Reviewed 28 May 2014

This was a place I found on Yelp and the menu sounded intriguing. The chef infuses chocolate into Italian specialties. We headed out in search of this place located in an upscale strip mall setting. The place is quaint, smells great, and is absolutely fabulous. Probably one of the best meals I have ever had. The Chocolate Shrimp sounds weird but is actually shrimp powdered with cocoa and dipped in a phenomenal chocolate infused aged balsamic vinegar. The 25 year old balsamic with garlic olive oil and fresh parmesan was the perfect mix for dipping panini bread. The caprese salad was fresh and very flavorful. We had chicken picatta and chicken marsala - both of which were so good I almost had be stopped from licking the plate. For dessert - fresh brewed loose tea in a press, and a chocolate brownie with fresh vanilla gelato. Would highly recommend and go back everytime I am up that way. The services was incredible - Michaela was on top of it. Had a chance to talk to Lenny - the Sous Chef. He takes a lot of pride in the place and rightfully so. This place is AWESOME!

1  Thank mbamarc
Reviewed 20 May 2014

I ate here for the first time with my daughter for a belated Mother's Day lunch. I had always figured it would be too pricey for the quality and maybe just a fad type restaurant, chocolate wraps? We'll I was very surprised. I needed a gluten free option and wanted pasta. They do only have one pasta selection that is gluten free. I ordered the cheese stuffed ravioli with marinara sauce. It did not come with anything. No salad or bread , maybe because of the gluten issue? I don't know if regular pasta dishes come with anything or not . They did offer several entree salad options but the only have one dressing that is gluten free. Maybe that will change as more and more restaurants are realizing that there are more people choosing a gluten free life style. Mine is not a choice as I have celiacs disease. Anyway I am use to having limited selections so I was very happy to have ravioli ! The pasta was good maybe just a tad undercooked but a lot of Italian restaurants serve it that way, just a taste preference for me. The portion was not very large but I am not a big eater. Had this been my husbands meal he would have still been hungry! I thought it was very good . It was served nice and hot and in Olive Garden style they come around with the cheese shredder and add cheese until you say when. I like lots of cheese so I think their arm gets tired! I finished my entire entree, was it that good or the portion just small? BOTH!! Maybe dinner has a large portion for a take home lunch for the next day. They usually do have creme brûlée that is gluten free but as my luck would have it they did not have it that day. I did not try the coffee but my daughter who comes often even if just for the sweets said the coffee and desserts are really good. It is a very small restaurant so seating is close and limited. Over all I would return and order the pasta maybe with a salad and just bring my own dressing.

1  Thank Victoriarue
Reviewed 9 May 2014

We stopped in for a quick lunch around 2pm and were surprised to see the place full! The crab cake panini is to die for and the chocolate cannoli is out of this world.

1  Thank Kellychapin
Reviewed 23 April 2014

You would spend a lot of time trying to find a place better than Michaelee's! Everything, I mean everything I had there was excellent. I love the coffee served in the Coffee Press. Just great. You will leave this place with a smile on your face that you were lucky enough to have found it and to have enjoyed this wonderful experience! Top of the Line!!!