“Anniversary/Father's Day Lunch”
Review of Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe - CLOSED

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Italian, Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Jonesboro, Georgia
“Anniversary/Father's Day Lunch”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

The grilled chicken chocolate wrap was delicious. My husband had the reuben sandwich and he said it was fabulous. We also had the pasta salad and it was very good. I was disappointed because the two dishes I really wanted to try both had Italian sausage in it, but they had run out of the sausage. We were too full to try dessert, but everything looked very good.

1 Thank 757sherryb

“So disappointed...”
Reviewed 16 June 2014 via mobile

Perhaps if the color of my skin was a different color, I would have enjoyed my lunch. The staff stared at me. The service was mediocre. The food was ok. Even my fiance complained. I will never go back.

3 Thank Nachelle T
Hiawassee, Georgia
“Heaven in Hiawassee”
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is a first class gourmet restaurant in the beautiful tourist town of Hiawassee, GA.
The chocolate wraps are very unique, will satisfy your taste buds, and can't be beat.
The soups are awesome and the menu something for everyone.
If you are not too full after eating your main course, try the turtle brownie pie with a scoop of ice cream. The atmosphere is casual upscale.

1 Thank Bill S
Taylors, South Carolina
“Starting from the finish”
Reviewed 14 June 2014

Too often dessert looks better than it tastes. Think about a dessert that's better than it looks: a dense chocolate cake base with a caramel and pecan topped with a scoop of vanilla gelato and fresh whipped cream served with a stout Italian coffee.

Had we not made the two-hour cross country drive for the Appalachian Wine Festival, the dessert alone would have been worth the trip.

Michaelee's is a gem in the North Georgia hills, a marvelous truffle at the foot of a pine in the Chattahoochee National Forest. An Italian theme infused with creativity and magic by an Irishman from Connecticut who has called Georgia home for more than three decades. The menu can be as simple as you wish but the fun is sampling things like the bourbon shrimp or the pillows of cheese and mushroom in a delicate savory sauce.

Most intriguing is the use of chocolate in the most unexpected manners such a a shrimp appetizer.

Each plate was prepared with care with fresh ingredients. Another highlight of our meal this evening was the marvelous dressing served with the Caesar salad.

After an afternoon of tasting Georgia wines, the meal at Michaelee's was the perfect finish to the day capped by dessert and coffee, which alone might be worth another trip soon.

2 Thank Ed M
“A chocolate lover's paradise”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

We were in Hiawassee, GA for the first time to enjoy a long weekend. The owner's of Chancey Hill Bed & Breakfast, where we were staying, suggested this restaurant after we arrived the first evening. We liked our Chocolate Wrap so much the first evening along with our awesome chocolate dessert recommended by Tara, our waitress, that we returned on Sunday afternoon for a second time during this same weekend. I dined on the Chocolate Shrimp Appetizer, the Chocolate Chicken Salad, and enjoyed the same dessert we had devoured on Friday evening. We were celebrating my birthday on Sunday--and this was the first time in my life I enjoyed 3 courses all including chocolate. This place is not to be missed for both the delicious food and the excellant service.

• Visited May 2014