“Excellent”

Michaelee's Chocolate Caffe
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Description: January 17th will be our last day open in Hiawassee. We are moving our restaurant to the lovely square in Blairsville. This is a very exciting time for us. We are doubling our square footage so we can offer our guests more variety and comfort. Hiawassee will always be our home but we are looking forward to our new adventure in Blairsville.Italian Life Caffe is a full service boutique restaurant with a creative menu and generous portions. We specialize in house blended loose leaf tea, illy espresso coffee drinks, and our wonderful desserts. Our Executive Chef is Michael Collins, Sous Chef Lenny Collins and General Manager Lisa Collins.
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Another restaurant we always try to visit when we're in the area. I have to admit, my favorite part is the dessert showcase. I'll take one of each please...The unfortunate part is that the food is so good, it is hard to save room for the desserts, so normally half of my entrée has to go home with me. This time, I had the tortellini. My daughter had ordered this many times before, but refused to share. This time it was all mine!!! All the food here is excellent. After having the waitress explain all the desserts in the showcase, I decided to go with the salted caramel cake. Perfect end to a perfect meal

2  Thank TitanTheDog

Reviewed 26 July 2014

OMG. As dedicated foodies this restaurant impressed all of us. We wished we could have stayed for several more days and eaten our way through their amazing menus. We started with the chocolate shrimp appetizer. Incredible. Who would have thought! Then proceeded to the shrimp picatta, five cheese tortellini, and their signature chocolate wrap sandwich, and back to the coconut shrimp appetizer. Another home run. There must have been a dozen desserts ranging from mouth watering sorbets and gelatos to at least a dozen spectacular gourmet cakes that were visual feasts. Everything was presented magnificently, the service was prompt, and exceptional, and the facility was cosmopolitan, comfortable for small groups, couples and children. Truly one of the best meals we can remember having. I almost hugged our server when we left.

1  Thank shelswife
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Great service, and the menu isn't the same old, same old. Wonderful scampi, and great salads. Don't leave without one of their yummy desserts.

1  Thank McPickle2014
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We've been frequenting Michaelee's for years now because it's the most consistent restaurant in town. It's like a sophisticated cafe you'd find in a big city instead of a small town.

We particularly love the Bourbon Filets dinner, the Tuscan Orchard Salad with Chicken, and the Turkey Reuban Sandwich. They recently added gellato and sorbet to their line of desserts. Yum! It's hard to go wrong because almost everything is great.

A lot of effort and attention to detail here. Absolutely the BEST SERVICE anywhere hands down. You will never feel ignored at this place because these people care.

1  Thank OnTheLake2014
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

We went on a Monday when other places were closed. They had surprisingly great service even though swamped. Food was excellent. The best scampi I've had in years and wedge salad was amazing. But the desserts were by far the best in the area. I'll be back! !

1  Thank April H