“pay more for less options”

Georgia Mountain Restaurant
Ranked #7 of 49 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Worst experience ever....very few options available for over 10 bucks excluded drinks!!!, ribs were not fresh daily made and chicken tasted old. ...never go back again!

2  Thank MIYA M

Reviewed 1 April 2014

My husband and I came in here for brunch and left shortly after leaving once we saw how filthy and grimy EVERY surface of the restaurant was. The menus were sticky, the floors were nasty, the buffet looked disgusting and was a mess, the tables were filthy, and the place stunk! I felt dirty just walking through the door. One of the waitresses followed us out to our car to ask us why we were leaving (she assumed we couldn't afford it lol I politely told her I was uncomfortable with the unsanitary condition of the restaurant and told her to have a great day). I will never come back here. I'd be worried a hoarde of roaches would carry my plate away.

4  Thank Amberleigh P
Reviewed 25 February 2014

In a word ... YUK. This place failed to meet even my very low expectations. We stopped for breakfast on our way out of town based upon the other reviews on trip advisor ... mistake. Instead of the breakfast buffet, we opted to order from the menu. This seemed to be an issue to the waitress. (She seemed more than a little put off by the audacity of ordering from the menu on what MUST have been buffet only day.) Little did I know that I would only get a plate of food from the buffet. I ordered scrambled eggs, a side of biscuits with gravy (guilty fat pleasure), and coffee. The coffee tasted like old tea. It was truly bad. The worst part was the plating of the food. I received what appeared to be a plate of slop. The biscuits were drowned in gravy and the eggs were unceremoniously dumped on top of the gravy in the corner of the plate. It was a horrid experience.

6  Thank EnjoyYourTrvl
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Looks like a hole in the wall, but the food was amazing. Service great. Hometown style. Lot of locals eat here.

Reviewed 1 October 2013

We only ate a this restaurant as it was a Sunday evening and the five restaurants we went to before we stumbled across this one were closed. We should have had fast food instead. First of all, our waitress had her small child tagging along with her. ?! The cushions at our booth, and most of the booths, were ripped to shreds. There was a section of the restaurant in the rear that was almost totally dark, but there were families back there eating - it was very strange. The food choices on the buffet were mainly vegetables cooked in grease, apparently for several days. I had my hopes that at least the cherry cobbler would be edible, but it turned out to be strawberry cobbler made from what tasted like a jar of strawberry preserves. Unless you like greasy burned fried chicken and mushy vegetables served in a broken-down atmosphere, stay away.

5  Thank OhioGoneSouth