“Yum!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 45 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Cheap Eats, View, Kids, Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Defiantly Like Nobody else! We pull to order,then it's hand chopped! Freshness you can taste! Smoked Pork,Chicken,Turkey and Ribs! "Where the locals eat" Come See Us! We are located 1/2 Mile west of the North Georgia Fairgrounds. On the right. Heading west towards Young Harris. Seating is limited! Summer Hours: Thursday--Saturday. 11:00 Am--6:30 Pm Sunday. 11:00 Am--3:00 pm
Charleston, South Carolina
“Yum!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Not only were the customers friendly but the BBQ was excellent! We got some to go and it was yummy! I like the different sauces but the vinegar was my favorite!

1 Thank Irishgypsy143

“Best BBQ in the Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great little BBQ spot. Pulled pork is out of this world. Small seating area, usually always full. On weekends it's wait in line for food - but well worth the wait. The place for BBQ in Hiawassee.

1 Thank ChanceyHillInn
“Good job TA and Happy Hawg”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's not often you see a BBQ restaurant as the #1 rated place in a town. At the moment that is the case for the Happy Hawg and it peaked my interest. After today's lunch I agree that they do a very good job and I look forward to going back and trying more. We had the pork plates and sandwiches with various sides were very good. The selections of sauces was good but my personal favorite is to mix their sweet sauce with some of their hot sauce. I like my sauce sweet with a little kick. :)

2 Thank WCUcody
Franklin, Georgia
“BBQ done right”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Was in Hiawasse for the 1st time over the weekend and we stopped by here. By far the best BBQ I have ever ate. The sides are delicious also. We ate there twice. 1st day I had turkey on slider style buns with carolina style sauce. It was delicious. And on the second visit had pulled pork sandwich with sweet sauce. Very good food and sides. The portions are huge. Cant wait to visit again real soon. The staff was very friendly and the atmosphere makes you feel right at home. If you anywhere close dont miss out on this great food.

Ricky & Ashley

2 Thank Ricky M
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Delicious food- trip advisor was 100% right!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I had the chopped pork sandwich plate with fried corn and mac-n-cheese.my husband had the same. Trip advisor was totally right on the fact that this restaurant was #1. It was delicious. I'm 17 weeks pregnant and it hit the spot. thank you!

1 Thank Skraps21