“I DON'T KNOW IF THE HAWG WAS HAPPY,BUT I AM.”
Review of The Happy Hawg BBQ

The Happy Hawg BBQ
Ranked #1 of 49 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Price range: US$4 - US$20
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Defiantly Like Nobody else! We pull to order,then it's hand chopped! Freshness you can taste! Smoked Pork,Chicken,Turkey and Ribs! "Where the locals eat" Come See Us! We are located 1/2 Mile west of the North Georgia Fairgrounds. On the right. Heading west towards Young Harris. Seating is limited! Summer Hours: Wednesday--Saturday. 11:00 Am--7:00 Pm Sunday. 11:00 Am--3:00 pm
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Moving to Hiawassee next week,so boy was I glade to find THE HAPPY HAWG ! A BBQ place is suppose to be about the meat,THE HAPPY HAWG nailed it.

1  Thank ron M

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Tiny place, tho if the weather is nice they have a deck overlooking the lake, which can't be beat. The BBQ is wonderful, and is also a great value. Don't look for much green, but enjoy their meats, sauces and sides.

1  Thank Janet M
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Not only were the customers friendly but the BBQ was excellent! We got some to go and it was yummy! I like the different sauces but the vinegar was my favorite!

1  Thank Irishgypsy143
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Great little BBQ spot. Pulled pork is out of this world. Small seating area, usually always full. On weekends it's wait in line for food - but well worth the wait. The place for BBQ in Hiawassee.

1  Thank ChanceyHillInn
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It's not often you see a BBQ restaurant as the #1 rated place in a town. At the moment that is the case for the Happy Hawg and it peaked my interest. After today's lunch I agree that they do a very good job and I look forward to going back and trying more. We had the pork plates and sandwiches with various sides were very good. The selections of sauces was good but my personal favorite is to mix their sweet sauce with some of their hot sauce. I like my sauce sweet with a little kick. :)

2  Thank WCUcody