“Great activity for All Ages!!”

Southern Water Trails
Ranked #2 of 3 Tours in Hiawassee
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a locally-owned company based in Hiawassee, Georgia, “The Top of Georgia.” We offer Stand-Up Paddle Boarding tours and lessons on many area lakes (including Chatuge, Nottely, Burton, Seed, Rabun, Tallulah Falls and Tugalo), as well as custom hiking and whitewater rafting trips in the Southern Appalachian Mountains. Our adventure activities are great for individuals, families, kids, couples, corporate groups, and active seniors. All tours and trips run 7 days a week, rain or shine, mid-April through mid-November. To reserve your chance to make some great memories contact Southern Water Trails today!
Reviewed 6 August 2014

Had our 16 year old grandson visit for the week and booked this Stand Up Paddleboard Tour. He loved it and the guide was terrific! Not only did he do a great job with our grandson, but he also offered to meet us at a lake close to our home. The whole experience was about 3 hours long and included a snack as well!! Because of recent surgery, I was unable to participate and was disappointed because it looked so easy and great fun (BTW, I'm 65). Great job and now my grandson wants a paddleboard of his own! Highly Recommend It!!!

1  Thank LillyG5401

Reviewed 26 July 2014

We had a great time learning to Paddle Board. i was concerned when Linc told us we would be gone for 3 to 4 hours but the time really flew by. We are family of 6 and had never been SUPing before. Linc had us up in just a couple of minutes and tooksus on a great tour. Linc's the type of guy that quickly becomes a part of your family as he gets to know each person and joins in the joking. By the time we got back we were trying tricks and splashing each other. it drizzled on us for most of the mornign but didn't take away from the fun.

3  Thank Brian P
Reviewed 24 July 2014

You will not be disappointed with this Stand Up Paddleboard Tour. My husband and I and our two boys 9 & 13 from Florida enjoyed the short SUP lesson and then off we went! Imagine lake meets mountains! Amazing scenery, the water is clean, stopped and had a delicious snack and paddled, learned, laughed and made some great family memories. The owner and guide, Linc really knows the land, water, mountains and more...a wealth of information. We will return with more family and hope to go white water rafting as well.

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend surprised me with this over my birthday weekend. What a great time we had! Linc is an awesome guide and the lake was beautiful. I feel like it's a great activity that anyone should give a try. Lots of fun!

Reviewed 12 August 2013

Beautiful tour on Lake Chatuge with an amazing guide and wonderful instruction. We had 6 kids from 2 different families with us from ages 10 to 16...everyone enjoyed themselves and can't wait to go back. But of course it must be with Lincoln. Our 12 yr old is even asking for a SUP board for thei birthday and I quote...."Linc, he's our man!" Could not have asked for a better first experience and tour guide.