“excellent”
Review of Chophouse of Hiawassee - CLOSED

Chophouse of Hiawassee
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Reservations
Description: This place is temporarily closed due to renovation. It will reopen in Spring 2017. The Chophouse of Hiawassee will be closed beginning on January 2nd for renovations. Chef James will be introducing his new concept "Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House" sometime in early spring. This will be his 4th such restaurant with the other locations being in Clarkesville, Commerce and lake Burton, Georgia. The renovations will include a redesign of the dining room and kitchen areas, covering the front lakeview patio and building a new smokehouse. Hawg Wild BBQ and Catfish House is known for it's authentic BBQ and the freshest catfish available. We look forward to welcoming you to the new restaurant this spring!
Reviewed 6 November 2013

don't miss this place, the food is great, the price is right and the people are friendly. can't beat that

Reviewed 4 November 2013

This place is nice, but the service was horrible and the food was twice for what you get. The waitress never came back to check on us until we flagged down a bus boy and asked if we could get a refill on our water. Then she checked back. Once. I didn't want a big steak so got their burger. Most places like this have a thick, juicy burger. Not here. It was so thin all I could taste was the onions and bread. About 1/4" thick! We got the sweet potato fries and they gave us this little serving. A Five Guys burger and fries would beat this place by a mile. We wouldn't recommend or go back.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

The restaurant was quiet, fitted for a nice evening in town.The food was excellent, the waiter was pleasant and not very talkative. I personally don't like waiters who are trying to keep a conversation going with their customers, asking me where I'm from and how did I get there.

Reviewed 1 November 2013

You've got to try the double cut boneless pork chop with blackberry port wine sauce and goat cheese! It was one of the best meals I've had at a restaurant. Our meal began with a wonderful sun dried tomato bread with herb and seasoned olive oil for dipping. The bread was warm, moist, and very tasty. I could have made a meal out of the bread and dipping sauce, however, I'm really glad I didn't. The chop with blackberry sauce and goat cheese was mouthwatering. I'm practically drooling now thinking about it. Thick, tender, flavorful meat and the sauce complemented it so well. It was served with fried cabbage, onions, and raisins, which were also very, very good and the Chophouse salad was great. I'm not sure what their house dressing is, but give a try. They also have a beautiful view of the lake across the street. I'll definitely try this place again.

Reviewed 31 October 2013

We were the first to arrive for Sunday Brunch at 11:00. Restaurant filled up pretty quickly with locals coming from church. Prices are reasonable, food is good, but nothing really special. Potatoes that came with the omelette were really salty. Nice view of the lake.