“Great service - They are so nice!”

Monte Alban Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 47 Restaurants in Hiawassee
Cuisines: Mexican
Tallahassee, Florida
“Great service - They are so nice!”
Reviewed 16 August 2013

We arrived to town late on Sunday evening, and they kindly seated us even though their closing time was just minutes away. The food was good, standard Mexican restaurant fare. But the service was super, and so friendly. (FYI - they don't serve alcohol on Sundays.)

Visited August 2013

Knoxville, Tennessee
“Mexican”
Reviewed 8 August 2013

It is the best Mexican and the service is great. I had a taco salad and it was great filled with chicken.

Visited July 2013
Atlanta, Georgia
“Very good Mexican Food”
Reviewed 3 August 2013

By any standard, this food was very good and the service was superb. The manager came by our table several times to check on the food and service quality. It was better than any food we found in Hiawassee.

Louisiana
“Ok, but nothing to write home about...”
Reviewed 30 July 2013

Well, I'm being generous with the 3 stars... because I was disappointed to not have the option of a margarita at a Mexican restaurant... hmmmm.... then my tortilla soup was weird! It had rice in it and was oily. The spinach quesadillas were even greasier, so much so that the spinach slid right out! The salsa was good, though! And others with us did enjoy their food, I think. People were nice there, but there are definitely better Mexican restaurants.

Cleveland
“Bland food, slow service”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

My wife and I visited this location on a Saturday night. The food took an extremely long time to arrive, and once we were finished, we finally had to get someone to chase down our check so we could leave. The place was busy, but nowhere near packed. The ground beef filling was very bland, almost as though they forgot some of the spices. Our waiter had a great personality and we enjoyed him, other than the delay in getting our check. As we were leaving, I noticed they scored 98-99 on their recent health department inspections, which I found very impressive.