“Good Lunch”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Chatsworth, Georgia
“Good Lunch”
Reviewed 2 November 2013 via mobile

Ignored by staff. Hamburger excellent. Muffaletta fairly poor, they forgot to put on the olive salad. Forgot to bring out my soup. Great fries.

Visited November 2013
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review. I am glad you enjoyed the lunch and I do apologize that you felt ignored by the staff. I will ask the manager to have a meeting with the staff to re emphasize our standards for customer service.
I do hope you will dine with us the next time you are in the area!

Ellijay, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent experience.”
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We came to the blue otter for a meeting there and decided to have it there since it was new and diffirent. We had a group of 8 and we got all of our food and deserts out faster then I thought it was gonna be. Our waitress was Dora and she was very kind and got everything we needed in a timely manner. Our food was also good and the deserts were to die for. I would definitly recomend coming to the blue otter.

1 Thank shelljones19
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Thank you for deciding to hold your meeting at The Blue Otter.I am glad Dora took such good care of you. I am also glad to read you enjoyed the food. Nicole our Pastry Chef will be excited to read that you thought her desserts were to die for!! We tell her that all the time but it is good to hear from a customer!

Panama City Beach, Florida
“Excellent Service”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our server, Michelle, was excellent. Came to the table several times to see how we were doing. The portions were large, so much so that both my husband and I each had a "doggy bag". There are specials every night including food and beverages. If you're in Hiawassee, this is the place to go for a 'fine' casual dining experience.

• Visited October 2013
Thank you for your review. I will make sure that Michelle is aware of your kind words! I also agree that for a casual dining experience The Blue Otter is the place to go in Hiawassee!!

Savannah, Georgia
“A must visit!”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

If you are anywhere in the vacinity of Hiawassee, GA, be sure to go to the Blue Otter! This was our first visit and definitely will not be our last! Great menu catering to all tastes.The food was absolutely delicious, huge portions, very reasonable prices, excellent service, and the best view of the lake. The decor is great too. I was surprised that there were not more tables inside, but I am sure as folks find out about the restaurant, more will be added. We sat on the porch overlooking the lake, but there is also a lakeside patio area available that has a fire pit. Annoucements posted around told of upcoming live entertainment and special events.This is destined to become THE place for dining in the area.
Keep up the great work!
BobB

• Visited October 2013
alicia j, Manager at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, 24 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to compose your review. I am happy to read you received the service and quality we strive to provide!!

Sincerely
Naples, Florida
“Great Food, Great View, Excellent Staff”
Reviewed 20 October 2013

This place has come a long way. When you go you have to try their pizza, wings, onion pedals, just to mention a few items. Staff is doing a great job always checking on us making sure we have what we need. Prices are very reasonable and make sure you sit outside the view is incredible.

1 Thank Spider1030
alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this review, 21 October 2013
I appreciate the time it took to write this review as well as you choosing to dine with us. It is always a pleasure to read that we are providing the service we expect and our guests deserve!! Please stop in again next time your travels bring you to the North Georgia Mountains!!