“Great Hangout Spot”

Price range: US$6 - US$12
Cuisines: American
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Set on the shore of Lake Chatuge and overlooking The Ridges Marina, The Blue Otter offers the best in Family Friendly Casual Dining on one side and a State of the Art Sports Bar on the other side. Bring your friends and family to the lake and then enjoy a casual meal, adult beverage, and/or a sweet treat while looking at the beautiful North Georgia Mountain vistas.
Reviewed 23 May 2014

I'm a regular at The Otter. I was hesitant to take my nieces until I saw the setup. They did a great job separating the family dining room from the bar. The layout makes it great to go by yourself, with friends, or family members. As for the food, the fish tacos and pizza are superb. The pizza is the best in town - not greasy with a medium crust and generous helping of toppings. All their buns and salad dressings are made in house, which is a nice touch. I'm not an alcohol fan but that's alright because the sweet tea here is really all you need. Yes, it does get busy in the summer and larger parties do have to wait sometimes, but that's the case at all other worthwhile restaurants in the area. The staff are very friendly and the managers work very hard to accommodate everyone's preferences - not an easy task at a resort!

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you for your review. When we built The Blue Otter we wanted to give geusts and local patrons the option of having a family friendly dining area or a more adult Sports Bar all in one location. I am glad you enjoy it and hope you will comtinue to visit us this SuUmmer and in the future!

Reviewed 3 May 2014

One of the many reasons to visit and dine on the Ga. side of Lake Chatuge. Good food and great lake views.

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Thank you for coming to the Georgia side of Lake Chatuge to dine with us! Great food and better views....we have to agree!!

Reviewed 28 April 2014

My wife & I went there right after they opened and is vas very bad. So after our review Allcai ask if we would give them another chance so we did last night. Well there was only one other table in the bar area and the service was just ok. I had to ask for water 4 different times. I ordered my hamburger med. and it came out well just like the last time. The salad was not crisp and soggy. My wife ordered the Hot Dog with nothing on it and she said it had more wrinkles that she did so it had to have been cooked yesterday or under heat just setting there for a long time. Not fresh. The only thing that was very good was the cold beer. The place looks very nice and it is to bad that they can not get the kitchen right. We live less than 2 miles away full time and will never go back. Save your money and go some where else.

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2014

Bill,
I am sorry you did not like The Blue Otter on the second try. We have been getting good reviews on our food.I am sorry we cannot meet your expectations. We are meeting others. After looking at your reviews it seems the only restaurant you truly like in Hiawassee is Michaelees. I am glad they can meet your needs.

Reviewed 26 April 2014

We went Friday night and there was a 45 minute wait despite empty tables. Said the kitchen was behind. We left and came back Saturday night. Food took over an hour to show up even though the restaurant was far from full. Waitress was nice and apologized. A lot of people were complaining and one big table left before they were served. Hope that get the staffing corrected because we love coming in he summer for the atmosphere.

alicia j, Manager at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

I apologize for the waits you incurred. I am not sure what happened but I will find out. While not a fast food establishment, the waits you experienced are not the normal. I do hope you will return and dine with us again.

Sincerely

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I ordered a philly cheese steak sandwich & didn't like it at all! The beef was thick sliced. The salad & sweet tea was good though. I had a coupon for $10 so all I owed was .17 cents which the waitress knocked off, she apologized. Atmosphere was great, outside seating, probably a exciting place for young folks.

alicia j, Owner at The Blue Otter Restaurant and Sports Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Thank you for writing your review. I am sorry you did not care for your Philly Sandwich. We slice our meat a bit thicker than most places to create a hearty sandwich. Did you mention the fact the meat was to thick for you to your waitress? Our staff as a rule will try to do everything in they can to insure you enjoy your meal. I do hope you will come again and try another menu item. Please don't judge us on one sandwich.