“Great views and within walking distance to fairgrounds”
Review of Lake Chatuge Lodge

Lake Chatuge Lodge
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
Cadiz, Kentucky
“Great views and within walking distance to fairgrounds”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were there for 3 nights for an event at the fair grounds over the weekend. Staff was very nice location was great and a pretty decent Chop House is at the entrance. Katy was super helpful and a pleasure to work with. Will stay there again if we return to Hiawassee.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are a must at this hotel.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
I am glad to see that you had a great time while you were here. We do have a great restaurant called the Chophouse of Hiawassee on our property. We are located next to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. Thank for your kind words about me. I try to always help our guests the best that I can. I look forward to the Big Green Egg Fest next year and we can take their reservations now.

Thank you and I hope to see you and your family again next year,

Katie Stancil

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
Cypress, Texas
Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed at this property, (as part of a large group of 15 to 25 rooms) for what would have been the 4'th year. Up until this year it was under the Ramada Inn umbrella. The problem here has never been the facility perse'...it's the Hotel's Management. To be clear...it's a great location...reasonably priced for what you get, (it's a pretty basic 2 star type property)...and most every time the front desk personnel, (usually kids) are very friendly!

Due to an unforeseen family situation we are not able to attend this year, and have to go out of town for an extended time. i emailed the Reservations dept on the Website on Monday evening. When I didn't hear back on Tuesday..I called them first thing Wednesday morning to follow up on my email.

After not being able to get any answers as to why I hadn't been contacted...I was sent to the GM. It won;t be a surprise that like others here who have complained about the lack of professionalism of the senior management...I was pretty much called a liar...told they did not have my email...and that that I would be charged for the room's first day...(in spite of the obvious fact they had all day to re book the room)!

As you might imagine...I wasn't very happy and did not have any problem letting her know. Her contention was that I was to believe "her" that they had not received the email...but she wasn't willing to believe me that it had been sent. When I asked her what sense that made...she hung up on me...lol!!

Most any professional in the travel industry (seeing the number of rooms our group was already renting this weekend)..not to mention the 15-25 or so rooms we have reserved each weekend in the last few years..you'd think she might have had a better solution than to hang up on someone who wasn't pleased!

Reading the prior comments here it appears to be a pattern...when presented with a problem... years of loyalty and good will mean nothing...as long as they get your money!

Suffice it so say...next year..we will find other accommodations!

Needless to say..."she got the money, and the satisfaction of hanging up on an unhappy Guest! Next year...many of us with the Georgia EggFest will book elsewhere...believe it!!

This is the kind of short term thinking and unprofessional management that will cost them
many... many.. many times my one night's penalty!!

Buyer... Beware!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Snoobeez
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Lake Chatuge Lodge is very pleased to be a host for the Georgia Mountain Egg Fest. This is a great event that we look forward to every year.

In response to your review, we are sorry to hear that you will not be able to attend. Since there are policies in place regarding cancellations, the hotel needs to verify that a cancellation was made in time to avoid any penalities. As mentioned to you several times, we are more than happy not to charge you a cancellation penalty if you would just forward the email you sent on Monday to us. We understand that emails get lost and do not always end up where they are being sent. Please feel free to forward us the email you sent cancelling your reservation and since it would then show that you cancelled in the right time to avoid any penalty, we will be more than happy to refund your cancellation charge.

Since the hotel has had a long waiting list for several months for this event, it is not fair to those who tried to come but could not find a place to stay when someone cancels the day of arrival. This is the reason the hotel has cancellation policies in place.

We look forward to another great year with the Egg Fest!

Lake Chatuge Lodge
SAUTEE-NACOOCHEE
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at in this lovely hotel a couple of months ago. This is one of those stays you won't regret. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a room with a breathtaking view of Lake Chatuge which only added to the lovely memories made of our trip. The staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The location is convenient with restaurants and shopping nearby. I have no complaints at all. As I said: a place to revisit while in Hiawassee, GA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, 17 May 2014
Thank you for your great review. Our lakeview rooms offer fantastic views of Lake Chatuge. All of our rooms offer private balconies to view our fabulous sunrises and sunsets. I'm glad that you mentioned our courteous staff. They are always helpful and they try their best to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in beautiful Hiawassee.

Tallahassee, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Had to take care of family business in Hayesville, N.C. Picked this place as it was close. We enjoyed everything (even in the winter) so much we booked it in March and met our son's family here. The grand children enjoyed it as well. The breakfast was fine. Plenty of choices. Loved the fireplace in lobby. Staff has always been friendly. I would recommend for a weekend trip. It is a great location to go to different areas for hiking ,boating and fishing.

Room Tip: Top floor! Great views. Love the mornings,!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Cruzinptgrl
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, 1 April 2014
Thank you for your great review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay here so much the first time that you came back again. We do offer lakeview that offer a great view looking over Lake Chatuge lodge from their private balconies. I will pass along your great comments to our staff. Please stop by the front desk during your next stay so that I can thank you personally.

shanghai
Reviewed 2 March 2014

This is a nice place with wonderful views. It has a good lobby seating area with comfortable chairs and coffee available to help yourself to.
The rooms are fairly basic but you go for the views. It was too cold to sit out and I must say that had I wanted to the very basic plastic chairs on our balcony would have been a real disappointment as when you drive up all the balconies facing the road/hills, have those nice wooden rocking chair type chairs.
Breakfast is really basic, it was the weekend so there was some scrambled egg. It's described as 'continental' I think that may mean different here than I would think it to be. Still fabulous views!

Room Tip: one facing the lake and in summer the higher floors as the trees would hide the view.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank toniShanghai
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this review, 4 March 2014
Thank you for your kind words. Our lobby is a great place to sit and enjoy life. It offers lots of comfortable seating, a wood burning fireplace, and fresh coffee 24 hours a day. All of our rooms offer a private balcony with 2 chairs and a table. We do have a patio off of the lobby that offers views of the lake and a few wooden rocking chairs. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay and I hope you will stay here the next time you are in Hiawassee.

florida
Reviewed 18 February 2014

From the first step into the lobby everything was great. The desk person was very friendly and the room was clean as a hospital room. Our view was the best anyone could ask for. I was concerned about a chair in my room that was loose and they brought me another one immediately. The breakfast over the weekend was hot and tasted great. They had fresh coffee in the lobby at all times, the wood burning fireplace in the lobby was very nice to sit by. I look forward to staying here again, I was well pleased and anyone else would be too.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the Lake are well worth it, view is breath taking
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review. I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay. Our housekeeping staff tries very hard to make sure the rooms are clean. Our staff is always inviting and willing to help our guests with anything they need. I'm sorry to hear about your chair. I'm glad that you got a replacement quickly. Stuff wears out over time and thank you for bringing it to our attention. Please stop by the front desk the next time you are here so I can thank you personally.

Katie Stancil
Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Ridges Resort & Marina
Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
Brasstown Valley Resort & Spa
#1 of 2 in Young Harris

Been to Lake Chatuge Lodge? Share your experiences!