All reviewslake chatugebeautiful viewroom was cleanwalking distancecontinental breakfastfirst floorgeorgia mountainprivate balconyplastic chairsan older propertydonutsyogurtlobby areastayed two nightscanadian baconcream cheeserustic feel
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We have stayed here several times. Beautiful view, clean rooms, and friendly staff. Call hotel directly to make reservation and ask for a lakeside room. Very close to the fairgrounds and concert hall (walking distance). Short drive to shops and restaurants. Close to Brasstown Bald, the highest point in Georgia. Great place to relax.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank David M
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your great review. As you mentioned, our property adjoins the Georgia Mountains Fairgrounds. You can walk there from our hotel. We are located on the city limits of Hiawassee so shopping and dining are just around the corner. I'm glad that you are a repeat guest. Please stop by the front desk the next time you are here so that I may thank you personally for your kind words.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was our first time to the Lake Chatuge Lodge but it will not be our last. The location is fabulous and the view is amazing. The rooms are clean and the amenities are good. We made some extra requests and they were all accommodated! The front desk desk, especially the GM Katie could not have been more lovely. Heck, we even cooked her family dinner at the Eggfest! We will most certainly return!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Dpifer69

And what a fest you made for my family. We thank you so much. The Green Egg Fest is always a delight to be a part of and the people make it that much more special. I will pass your comments onto our team so that they can see that their hard work is paying off. I look forward to next year's Big Green Egg Fest and especially all of the awesome participants that make it so special.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

We were there for 3 nights for an event at the fair grounds over the weekend. Staff was very nice location was great and a pretty decent Chop House is at the entrance. Katy was super helpful and a pleasure to work with. Will stay there again if we return to Hiawassee.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms are a must at this hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

I am glad to see that you had a great time while you were here. We do have a great restaurant called the Chophouse of Hiawassee on our property. We are located next to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds. Thank for your kind words about me. I try to always help our guests the best that I can. I look forward to the Big Green Egg Fest next year and we can take their reservations now.

Thank you and I hope to see you and your family again next year,

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We've stayed at this property, (as part of a large group of 15 to 25 rooms) for what would have been the 4'th year. Up until this year it was under the Ramada Inn umbrella. The problem here has never been the facility perse'...it's the Hotel's Management. To be clear...it's a great location...reasonably priced for what you get, (it's a pretty basic 2 star type property)...and most every time the front desk personnel, (usually kids) are very friendly!

Due to an unforeseen family situation we are not able to attend this year, and have to go out of town for an extended time. i emailed the Reservations dept on the Website on Monday evening. When I didn't hear back on Tuesday..I called them first thing Wednesday morning to follow up on my email.

After not being able to get any answers as to why I hadn't been contacted...I was sent to the GM. It won;t be a surprise that like others here who have complained about the lack of professionalism of the senior management...I was pretty much called a liar...told they did not have my email...and that that I would be charged for the room's first day...(in spite of the obvious fact they had all day to re book the room)!

As you might imagine...I wasn't very happy and did not have any problem letting her know. Her contention was that I was to believe "her" that they had not received the email...but she wasn't willing to believe me that it had been sent. When I asked her what sense that made...she hung up on me...lol!!

Most any professional in the travel industry (seeing the number of rooms our group was already renting this weekend)..not to mention the 15-25 or so rooms we have reserved each weekend in the last few years..you'd think she might have had a better solution than to hang up on someone who wasn't pleased!

Reading the prior comments here it appears to be a pattern...when presented with a problem... years of loyalty and good will mean nothing...as long as they get your money!

Suffice it so say...next year..we will find other accommodations!

Needless to say..."she got the money, and the satisfaction of hanging up on an unhappy Guest! Next year...many of us with the Georgia EggFest will book elsewhere...believe it!!

This is the kind of short term thinking and unprofessional management that will cost them
many... many.. many times my one night's penalty!!

Buyer... Beware!!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Snoobeez
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Lake Chatuge Lodge is very pleased to be a host for the Georgia Mountain Egg Fest. This is a great event that we look forward to every year.

In response to your review, we are sorry to hear that you will not be able to attend. Since there are policies in place regarding cancellations, the hotel needs to verify that a cancellation was made in time to avoid any penalities. As mentioned to you several times, we are more than happy not to charge you a cancellation penalty if you would just forward the email you sent on Monday to us. We understand that emails get lost and do not always end up where they are being sent. Please feel free to forward us the email you sent cancelling your reservation and since it would then show that you cancelled in the right time to avoid any penalty, we will be more than happy to refund your cancellation charge.

Since the hotel has had a long waiting list for several months for this event, it is not fair to those who tried to come but could not find a place to stay when someone cancels the day of arrival. This is the reason the hotel has cancellation policies in place.

We look forward to another great year with the Egg Fest!

Lake Chatuge Lodge

Reviewed 13 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at in this lovely hotel a couple of months ago. This is one of those stays you won't regret. The rooms are very clean and comfortable. We stayed in a room with a breathtaking view of Lake Chatuge which only added to the lovely memories made of our trip. The staff are friendly, courteous and helpful. The location is convenient with restaurants and shopping nearby. I have no complaints at all. As I said: a place to revisit while in Hiawassee, GA.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 17 May 2014

Thank you for your great review. Our lakeview rooms offer fantastic views of Lake Chatuge. All of our rooms offer private balconies to view our fabulous sunrises and sunsets. I'm glad that you mentioned our courteous staff. They are always helpful and they try their best to make sure our guests enjoy their stay. I hope that you will stay with us again the next time you are in beautiful Hiawassee.