All reviews lake chatuge beautiful view room was clean walking distance continental breakfast private balcony plastic chairs an older property georgia mountain donuts first floor lobby area stayed two nights yogurt canadian bacon cream cheese rustic feel
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

This is an older property but well maintained. Check in was quick and they had their staff jump on preparing my room since they knew I was waiting which is something not all hotels will do for you. They act like a family run property and not like a big chain. Fresh baked cookies in the afternoon was a nice touch. Ask for an even numbered room for the lake view. Also each room has a spacious balcony. Note the location is great and you can walk to the beach and fair grounds if it is in town or if there is a concert. For $100 for a deluxe room, you get your monies worth.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you for your great review. As you mentioned, we are not a big chain so we try to offer the best customer service that we can to all of our guests. The hotel does offer some great lakeview rooms that offer spectacular views of Lake Chatuge. All of our rooms have a private balcony with 2 chairs and a table. The hotel does have access to the Georgia Mountain Fairgrounds as well as a great public/free beach across the street. I appreciate your kind words and I hope to meet you the next time you are staying with us.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

The breakfast area has no logical traffic pattern, tables are too big causing dead end maze channels. A lot backing up and looking for another way to the food and coffee. All carbohydrate(sweets) food choices, no yogurt. The carpet is decades old ( stayed 20 years ago) and the rooms were musty smelling. Beds were comfortable, pillows were acceptable, the bathroom was sufficient, but the toilet was about the height of a preschool toilet.
There is no assistance with your luggage, but there are carts.

Room Tip: When making a selection for a "lake view", be sure to request level 3. We did not and had a lake view that had trees in the way of the lake view. Paid the same price, though.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terre M
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for your review. I am sorry to see that you didn't find our breakfast layout up to your satisfaction. You were here on a busy weekend and during a time when many guests were getting food at the same time. You must have overlooked our yogurt because we have it available everyday of the week on the breakfast bar. There is also fresh fruit everyday of the week on the bar as well.

Some of our toilets are still the older style and not the newer elongated bowls with the higher base on them. We are changing them to the newer style when the older ones need replacing.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This is an older property built in 1995 and was once a Ramada Inn. Great location. The rooms are done in pine furniture. My husband and I loved our stay here. Bed was more comfy than the Hampton Inn in Murphy, NC. Room was very clean and ours had a balcony overlooking the lake - beautiful view. The usual breakfast items included - coffee was pretty decent. Staff members we encountered were all friendly. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have a view because of tree growth, but a room with a view of the lake is beautiful (these rooms face east). Some rooms will have a view of mountains in the opposite direction.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for coming back to stay with us again. As you mentioned, we are no longer a Ramada. We started out as the Lake Chatuge Lodge in 1995 and have decided it was time to go back to our original name. I am glad you found our beds comfortable and the rooms clean. I will pass along your kind words to my team to let them know that their hard work isn't going unnoticed. I look forward to meeting you the next time you are in Hiawassee.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Book a lakeside room and relax - this place feels like a mountain lodge, with a real stone fireplace, club chairs, and a patio with a view of the lake. Rooms are large, comfortable, and reasonably priced. "Breakfast" wasn't impressive, but we didn't really care.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Our lakeview rooms offer great views of Lake Chatuge. We do have a large stone fireplace in the lobby as well as comfortable couches to relax in. Our patio off of the backside of the lobby offers relaxing rocking chairs to take in the beautiful surroundings.

Our breakfast is included in the price of the room and is a continental breakfast during the week and offers 3 hot items in addition to the continental on the weekends. Please call me to discuss further what would make breakfast a better asset to the hotel.

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

My husband booked us here for my birthday weekend and it was great! The room and view was amazing. Definitely planning on going back soon. The staff was very friendly and great at doing their job. I want to go back and get the same room for the amazing view we had.

• Stayed: June 2014

Happy Birthday!!! I am glad that you had a great bday and that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass along your comments to our team. I hope that you will stay here for your next Birthday. I look forward to seeing you then!!!