All reviewslake chatugebeautiful viewroom was cleanwalking distancecontinental breakfastfirst floorgeorgia mountainprivate balconyplastic chairsan older propertydonutsyogurtlobby areastayed two nightscanadian baconcream cheeserustic feel
Reviewed 22 October 2017

Comfy bed and pillows, Breath taking view of mountains and lake on private balcony. Very accommodating staff. Not a resort but all you need for a relaxing getaway with many amenities to enjoy. Will be back!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
LakeChatugeLodge, General Manager at Lake Chatuge Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how much you enjoyed your stay. It's great that you were able to break away from the daily grind and come relax at the Lake Chatuge Lodge. I'm glad you found your bed comfortable and the staff friendly. I hope you will be back to enjoy our apple cider and cookies in the afternoon.

Reviewed 19 October 2017 via mobile

Have stayed here many times. Never anything but the best. However this time there were spiders all in bathroom and killed bug crawling across bed. Told the office and she said she would make note of it????
I am going to watch reviews very close in hopes of being able to continue to stay here several times a year and hope that i will be able to continue to send my friends there. We stayed in room104 on ground floor lakeside.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family

Thank you for your great review. I would like to apologize for a few of the issues you experienced during your stay. I hate that you had an issue with spiders and bugs in your room. I would like to let you know that we do have an exterminating company come twice a month to spray the interior and exterior of the building. The only problem is they say it is near impossible to kill spiders. Plus, there are exterior doors to every room that allow those unwanted pests to enter the room. Also, as the cold moves in, so do they because it's so comfortable inside the hotel. I hope that you will give us another chance because I would hate for a repeat guest like yourself to not come back. I would love a chance to apologize in person during your next stay for these problems.

Reviewed 16 October 2017

My husband and I stayed on the 3rd floor and enjoyed our view from our balcony. Even though we did not have the lake view, it was still quite pleasant. The beds are comfy and the staff very nice. We would stay here again!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your wonderful review. I appreciate you taking the time to let other guests know how delighted your were with your stay. It's great that you enjoyed your room on the 3rd floor. I will let our staff know of your kind words expressing how nice they are. They try to make every guests stay a memorable one. I hope that you will be back soon to enjoy another terrific stay at Lake Chatuge Lodge.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

We checked in at 4:30 pm on a Wednesday, went to our room and noticed a ton of hair on the bathroom floor. I went back to the check in counter and said that our room was dirty, he told me house keeping had left for the day so he brought me a vacuum so I could do it myself! I kept my shoes on the entire time.

Room Tip: The view was nice on the lake side, worth spending the extra money to not look at the parking lot.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank carly s
Reviewed 2 October 2017

Lake Chatuge Lodge is a nice hotel with a friendly staff and amazing views. We have stayed at Lake Chatuge Lodge in the past and have had absolutely no problems. This time we had some problems. We were originally booked for a room on the second floor. However, when we checked in at about 3:30pm we noticed that our room had not been cleaned. It looked like they had started to clean it and they forgot to finish. One bed was stripped but the rest of the room was not clean. When we went to the front desk and told them the clerk told me that the only rooms that they had left were on the first floor. I really did not mind too much as I thought we were just giving up a view of the lake. However, the room on the first floor smelled very musty and the carpet was actually a little damp. When we checked out I informed the staff that the room smelled and the floor was damp. The person at the front desk acknowledged that I was right and said that the hotel had an ongoing battle with humidity on the first floor. Humidity, of course, leads to dampness which can lead to mold. I think this is because the hotel is built on a concrete slab.
In summary, I would stay at the Lake Chatuge Lodge again without hesitation. It has a friendly staff, great location, and beautiful views. However, I would not stay on the first floor.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 1st Floor
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family