“Good location, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Hiawassee
Reviewed 31 August 2014

This is a run of the mill Holiday Inn express. It's clean and the staff was very helpful. The put out a rather large breakfast with a pancake maker. I wasn't pleased about smoking being allowed in some rooms in the hotel but I never smelled it. We were a last minute stay so we didn't give the location much thought. If we stay there again we would make sure to be in an upper floor room facing the lake otherwise it's a lovely parking lot view.

Room Tip: Be sure and get a lake facing room on a high floor.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2014

Dear carobama,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent visit at our hotel and for providing us with your valuable feedback. I'm glad to hear you found our staff agent to be friendly. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to improve and continually provide the best experience possible.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and we hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again very soon.

Janice A

Reviewed 22 August 2014 via mobile

For a Holiday Inn, I think the property was a little below expectations. The check in was great and friendly, grounds in good shape, and everything worked as intended. Free breakfast had a few hot items that were good. The room was large enough for a family to stay. The downside was mainly the peeling wallpaper, the tub caulking was moldy, and the chairs at breakfast are stained. A little attention to detail and this could be a solid property.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RonSmilton
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2014

Dear RonSmilton,

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to leave us a review. I am happy to learn you appreciate the service you received during check in and liked our large room. However, I am sorry that you found the room amenities and bathroom facility to be less-than-satisfactory. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and take the necessary actions to ensure similar situations can be avoided in the future. We appreciate the candid feedback we receive and welcome any opportunity to improve.

Zelyn N

Reviewed 16 July 2014

My wife and myself visited Helen Ga, after review and evaluations of the local hotels, we found that booking with the Holiday Express in Hiawassee (17 miles north) was a wise investment, the hotel is new and very clean and we were extreemly impressed with our room for the price, the pictures are true. Note beware if like my wife you are afraid of winding mountain roads and elevation its best to stay in Helen, once you get over the small mountain Hiawassee opens up into a beautiful valley along side of beautiful lakes and small mountain peaks.

Room Tip: The rooms on the front catches the morning sun
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 July 2014

My wife and I stayed here as we visited Young Harris College for our daughters college orientation. We were greeted by a very nice clerk who checked us in quickly. The room was very clean(which is VERY important to my wife). The beds were comfortable and the air worked well. The breakfast was very good with eggs, bacon, fruit, cereal, etc. We did not use the indoor pool, but it looked nice. As did the jacuzzi. I imagine we will be visiting Young Harris many times in the next four years. We will be back.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 July 2014

The staff was extremely nice and the decor and landscaping beautifully done. We had a nice view of the mountain from our lower level room. The breakfast was typical but good (I've been to some with cold or hardened food - this was not the case). The morning we were leaving the pool was going to be late opening and my children were disappointed; however, they offered a late check out to allow them time to play. The pool itself was great - not too much chlorine as we have experienced before and screened areas to allow the nice mountain air in. Some minor repairs are needed but it is family owed and I'm sure that it is difficult to keep up and the repairs don't really take away from the cleanliness. Two complaints - (1) is the noise level in the morning - our room was across from housekeeping so a lot of in and out noises. (2) My biggest complaint was the bed - it was very hard and the springs were coming through. I'm sure if I had complained that night something would have been done but I was too tired to make my way to the lobby and the kids were already sleeping. When I mentioned it the next morning they were very apologetic and thanked me for informing them. A repair slip was immediately written and she assured me they would change out the mattress. I also witnessed her offer another couple immediate repairs to the AC unit or change in rooms and told them their comfort was important. I would have appreciated a discounted rate or other offer for the uncomfortable night but they didn't offer. If it wasn't for the extreme friendliness and reasonable price for the room size and amenities, the bed issue would have resulted in a much lower rating.

Room Tip: Check the comfort level of the bed first! And don't take a lower level room to the right side i...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Dear HaganClan,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review regarding your recent stay. I am delighted that we were able to meet your expectations when it comes to our decor, breakfast and hotel staff. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience you may have experience with the room that was assigned to you. I am very confident that our hotel management will immediately attend to these concerns you mentioned.

I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.

Faith R

Reviewed 1 July 2014

This hotel is cost efficient, yet nice to stay in. Very nice, might I add. The accommodations were top notch, the staff MADE SURE you had everything you needed, and the hotel itself was clean, very well kept, and it smelled very nice when you walked in lol. We booked a 2 queen bed (non-smoking) room and it was exactly what we got! Highly recommended if you're looking for a hotel and not a cabin rental.

Room Tip: The Third Floor was the quietest and you can see the front desk from the stairs. Also, it's the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Raegan C
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We booked a room with 2 queen beds. When we arrived we had to full sized beds instead. The entire lobby and hallways smelled of cigarette smoke. It was not what we expected. The room itself did not smell. The mattresses were horrible-- you could feel the springs, and sleep was lacking as a result. We stayed for 2 nights-- and had 3 adults and 1 child in the room. The maid only made one of the beds, didn't touch the other, didn't refill our kleenex which was empty upon our arrival, and didn't replace the towels. Overall it was completely lacking and we will not return to this holiday inn.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Niki A
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Niki A,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the mattress not being to your preference prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J
IHGCare

Also consider these accommodations in or near Hiawassee
Lake Chatuge Lodge
#3 of 3 in Blairsville
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Helen
Baymont Inn & Suites Helen
Harrah's Cherokee Valley River Casino & Hotel

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hiawassee? Share your experiences!