“Great hotel at great price”

Hampton Inn Hinesville
Ranked #2 of 12 Hotels in Hinesville
Reviewed 2 July 2010

Went to Ft Stewart to see our son off to Iraq. We didn't want any distractions on this visit. The Hampton Inn lived up to that. The facility is very well kept and the staff was great. For this level of hotel and the price it is a great value.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family

Reviewed 9 February 2010

After a while they all look alike. But we make an effort to stay at HI's. We like their beds, breakfast, generally helpful staff and cleanliness. Even with a AAA discount we normally pay about $15/night more than Holiday Inn. This one is pretty far off I-95, maybe fifteen minutes. If that means something to you then you may want to hit the other exits. This town seems to serve the nearby military base and I had to ask a couple of rowdy boys across the hall to cool-it. And they did. There is also a brand new Holiday Inn Express just down the road. Restaurant choices are limited; we settled on Ruby Tuesday for soup and salad bar; always a no brainer.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2007

We stayed at the Hampton Inn for a few nights while in town for my son's wedding. The location is great, especially if you are there for the Army base. There are only a handful of eateries around, but if you have a car, it shouldn't be a problem.

The rooms are extremely clean, and the beds are very comfortable. There was no issue with noise, and the staff was great. We even cut our stay one night short to move to a hotel near the beach in Savannah and they were great with helping us cancel our reservation without a penalty.

The only complaint is that the pool is very, very small. The breakfast is just OK, but if you aren't looking for a gourmet breakfast, then it's satisfactory.

I'll be going to back to this hotel next time I visit my son!

• Stayed: August 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 3 June 2007

Whenever we visit family in Hinesville we always stay at the Hampton Inn because of it's consistent quality.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 December 2006

I was at this hotel on a business trip and had time to see some good changes taking place. The property was recently purchased by the current owner. They are fixing things, upgrading others, and have a very good staff. The entire stay was pleasant. The hot breakfast was varied, which was nice since most hotels have the same food items every day. Housekeeping was great. Front desk was very helpfull. I would definately stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2006, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 13 May 2006

I am beginning the last day of a 5-day stay at the Hampton Inn Hinesville. First off, the rooms are very comfortable. My husband and I stayed in a double queen, and the Hampton Inn is doing a great job of upgrading the beds and the bedding. The work desk was comfortable, the free high speed internet a blessing in these days of hotels charging $12 and up for access. The bathroom appeared to be upgraded in style and with the exception of the toilet seat being precariously off balance, didn't have any other issues.

One of my favorite Hampton "amenities" now is the microwave/refrigerator combo. You can get your own drinks, and as I was here on my own during the day, was able to pick up a few lunch items at Kroger so I didn't have to go out and spend money on fast food. The fridge is big enough to accommodate a medium Pizza Hut box, too...for future reference for any of you.

We're Hilton HHonors members, and took advantage of the online check-in. We had our room assignment before we even showed up, so check-in was quick and efficient. I wish I remembered the name of the woman who checked us in, because she was very helpful and friendly. I haven't seen her since and sadly, front desk personnel have been indifferent and downright rude on a couple of occasions. If a customer is standing at the front desk, get off the personal cell phone. Period.

Now the downsides...the complimentary hot breakfast our first morning was great. The coffee was hot and tasted like actual coffee, and the various breakfast items were replaced promptly as they ran out. Each of the other mornings though, getting hot coffee was a struggle and I heard "It'll be ready in about ten minutes" for an hour yesterday. This really shouldn't be happening at 6:45 a.m. You sort of expect service and whatnot to drop off towards the end of the breakfast time (10 a.m.) but not 45 minutes in. This morning, the coffee was cold and I actually laughed out loud when I saw a tip jar on top of the microwave. Are you kidding me? A tip jar?

Housekeeping was hit or miss. Two days we were told they'd have to come back because they didn't have any fresh towels. The towels did arrive, but several hours later. I'm a fan of one-stop housekeeping. Get in, do what you need to do, then get out so I can have my room back and not be waiting around indefinitely for the Housekeeping Knock. Also, if the standard clean involves changing sheets and vacuuming, please do it. Don't ask me what I want you to do and then sigh disappointingly if I do want the sheets changed or the room vacuumed.

The exercise room was adequate, but the TV was broken the entire length of our stay. When I inquired at the front desk, I was told they were working on replacing it with a TV from another room. As of this morning, it still hasn't been fixed or replaced. This isn't really a big deal, but it's indicative of a maintenance issue that just didn't seem that important to the hotel management.

My husband and I have stayed at much worse hotels and honestly, I didn't expect much out of the Hampton. As I stay at more and more hotels, I just come to expect substandard service anymore, almost to the point where it doesn't even seem like a con on the list of pros and cons. I now look for room comfort and value for the money. We stayed for $65 with the government/military rate and I believe it was well worth the price. Any more than that though, and I probably would have been more disappointed.

• Stayed: May 2006, travelled on business
3  Thank sahdoggiemom
Reviewed 9 May 2006

I stayed in this hotel for the first time. I could not believe the value of the entire hotel. It was situated in a great location. There were restaurants, shops and gas stations everywhere. The room I requested was great. Everything was brand new. I had a great L shaped work desk and the room I requested on the first floor. The high speed internet worked great!!! Breakfast the next day was awesome. It was hot and tasted great. And all of this for the price of $60 with a AAA rate. When you travel as much as I do (200+ nights a year) this hotel spoils you for the rest of your trips. I wish I could get this hotel for this price in everytown I go to. KUDOS to the great staff at this establishment!!! It made we want to go back to Hinesville for business more often.

Stayed: April 2006