Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hiram, GA
US$76
Priceline
US$77
US$72
All reviewsindoor pool and jacuzziking suiteroom was cleangreat place to staywafflesthe wi fihot tubvery nice stayfront desk personguest roomsstayed nightslate at nightcomplimentary breakfastgreat customer serviceper nighthotel staffhome away from home
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 5 February 2014

From the moment we arrived until our departure, everything was excellent. The staff made us feel like we belonged, always asking if we needed anything more to make our stay as comfortable as being home!! The hotel was in outstanding shape, clean and refreshing. Nice rooms with ample space, clean bathroom and excellent layout. This is an example of "How a hotel should be operated!!". I highly recommend the Country Inn and Suites in Hiram, Georgia!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hiram, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2014

Dear 'tazmartin3': Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to share a review about your stay with us! We are glad that read that your stay was a 5* stay! We certainly appreciate your visit and look forward to your next stay-please do come again!

Many thanks to you,
Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA
770-222-0456

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I stumbled across this hotel while on business recently and decided to give this property my business. Check In was prompt and easy and I was given the AAA discount when I inquired about discounted rates. Clerk was friendly, but did not let me know about in house amenities such as Wi-Fi password and lobby computer access. I did get a King for the same price as double queen and rate was less than I expected for a newer property with little competition in the area. Room was spacious and clean, but desk lamp and corner lamp were not functional. When I brought this fact to the attention of the front desk, I was informed that there was no Engineer on duty and I would have to wait until one could attend to these matters. I suggested that they could swap out the lamps with those in an unused room and they agreed to this solution and within 15 minutes I had both lamps replaced with working ones.

For a high end property, I was surprised that there was no refrigerator in the room. I had food with me and no way to keep it cool. There was a large flatscreen HD TV in the room and the bed was very comfortable and the shower was nice.

Therefore, I'm giving this property a better than average grade, but with more hands-on management, this could be a first-rate property.

Oh, and they offer 10 percent discounts at area restaurants... I did take advantage of this benefit... See my review of Las Palmas Restaurant...

Morning breakfast was OK, but fresh fruit was obviously frozen and no biscuits and gravy, which in this part of the country is disappointing...

Give this place a try as it has much promise... Just needs better management...

Tichiganblues

Room Tip: Rooms are spacious and comfortable... No refrigerator...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Positives:
Patricia, Carol and Elizabeth were fantastic. The room my daughter and I stayed in was cleaned thoroughly as requested due to cat and dog allergies. The pool and Jacuzzi were vey clean. The rooms are nicely decorated and the beds are comfortable. Breakfast was also enjoyed by our entire party. Good selection and food quality is rather above par.

Not so positive:
Upon making mine and my father's reservations, we requested room net to each other. This request was made to both the Club Carlson and hotel representatives. We arrived to find out there were no double queens next to each other, hence they put me right below my dad in room 102. Once my daughter and I settled into our room I decided to check to see if the windows were locked since the room was rather cool. Sure enough, one of the windows had both locks unlocked. Room 102 is adjacent to an exterior door that is frequently used...when shut it sound like a vault door, emitting a huge "boom" when it closes. I got no sleep that night.

The second night they moved me next to my dad but at around 10pm my room filled with the smell of cigarette smell. The stench was so strong it made my stomach churn and eyes burn. Elizabeth and another lady came up to investigate. We could not definitively determine where the smell was coming from but closing the door to my bathroom helped (we think the smoke came thru the vent from the 3rd floor where smoking is permitted). Elizabeth brought up air freshener and asked if I'd like to move, but I did not want to move back to the first floor away from my father.

Monday morning I spoke to the manager about these and another issue. After a lengthy discussion she accommodated my requests for compensation and we stayed until Tuesday morning.

Bar the above noted problems, the hotel is reasonable priced and in a good location.

Room Tip: If you are smoke adverse stay on 1st floor. If you are a light sleeper do not sleep next to exterior doors. Note that this hotel is pet-friendly.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hiram, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear 'travelfamily1421:
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience with us! We apprecaite you mentioning some of the items you enjoyed during your stay including our staff, the room, and aminites of the hotel! Regarding your note about not being able to be in room next to your father- we truly apologize and can relate as to why this would be frustrating to you! It must have been miscommunicated on our end as our front desk staff did not see any requests regarding the location of your room. And because both reservations were under different last names we did not think to put the two rooms closer and we apologize regarding this issue. We have shared your feedback with our Front Desk staff and will resolve immediately so that in the future--this type of issues can be avoided for our future guests! We would like to personally invite you to come and stay with us once again whenever your travels bring you back to Hiram GA so that we can take better care of you! We want out guests to be well satisfied with their stay so please accept our apolgies for the concerns you had during this stay.
We appreciate you much indeed and look forward to your next stay-thank you once again for your visit!

Warmest regards,
The Country Inn & Suites Hiram GA

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I've stayed at hundreds of hotels over the years and can't think of any stay better than this one. It was clean. The staff was very courteous, conscientious, and professional. The breakfast was good. I didn't try the pool but others were using it. My room didn't have a desk or table when I checked in and three different people said they would take care of it immediately and it was done quickly. I was told they were upgrading furniture. There was 24 hour coffee and cookies in the lobby. We stayed there three days visiting relatives and told them how nice it was and we'll be staying there again in the future. I saw people with pets and they have some smoking rooms. It looks like a place that should satisfy anyone. Probably the only negative I can think of is the access off of 6/Jimmy Lee Smith Parkway is a bit tricky.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
cx_hira, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Hiram, GA, responded to this reviewResponded 1 January 2014

Dear ‘bicar’: Thank you very much for taking the time to write this lovely review! We are elated that you were well-satisfied with your room and our Guest Services.We are in the process of major renovations and have had to wait for a few furniture pieces to deliver. You are welcome to stay with us anytime and we hope that will be returning someday soon!

Best wishes and many thanks,
The Country Inn & Suites Team

Reviewed 30 December 2013

Stayed in a suite. Bed were hard and poor wifi. Asked to use breakfast area during the evening so we could visit family and let kids open a few Christmas gifts we were told sure for a $160 charge. What made this outragous was the fact this was not a conference room nor was I hosting a party yet later that night it was opened for other guest to use free of charge. Front desk was rude unhelpful and eating instead of welcoming guests.

1  Thank craimey79

Dear ‘Craimey79’: Thank you for taking the time to write your review and of course, for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Hiram, GA! The reason the Front Desk staff mentioned renting the breakfast room area is because anytime a guest is going to have a birthday or any sort of party where there will be 10 or more people (which is what we were told your party would have) we can not allow kids in pool specifically until the pool and breakfast room is rented as we do offer birthday party package. This policy is in place because our hotel does have a lot of people that request this package. I appreciate you bringing this matter to our attention. To discuss your stay and this incident further, please contact the hotel directly and ask our Management Team. Please know that we share in your concern and do deeply value your feedback. Many thanks and our sincerest apologies.

Country Inn & Suites Hiram