“Our server was a stereotype.”
Review of O'Charley's

Ranked #24 of 84 Restaurants in Hiram
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I ate at ocharleys with my husband and daughter. When we arrived we were greeted with a friendly smile and got seated right away. At first our server was very nice and seemed like she was goin to be great. She was very talkative and really seemed like she cared. My husband ordered an alcoholic beverage and did not get Carded at first, we are only 26 and expect to get carded. We also ordered an appetizer. We saw our server several times and then she finally he had not recieved his drink. She then realized that she did not card him and did so at this time. We both have an Alabama liscense and I know he stereotype about tippers from Alabama. I am a server, bartender, manager at a restaurant in Alabama. When she saw the ID she was just like " oh your from Alabama" and walked away. We barely saw her after this. Every time we did see her she was real short with us and not as friendly anymore. We also noticed her chewing a big wad of him. This is gross in the food industry. Your saliva can get on food, utensils, ext. but not only was she just chewing gum, but while she was running food to a table, she was also blowing bubbles with the gum. That is so nasty. We watched her when she was on the way with or food. If he would have blown a bubble over our food we would have sent it back. Not a bad experience. I have definitely had worse, but I have for sure had better and more sanitary experiences.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Arrived 6:30PM, for their Veterans Day special...Vet's eat free with ID, and was told there was a 45 min. wait, but did see a few empty tables at bar. Put our name on list, went to Walmart for a few items, got back at 7:PM, and they had already called our name! She said they were caught up, but took us to a nice booth immediately. Waited a while for our drinks, food service was slow as they were very busy. However, our shrimp & fish dinner, and the new Carolina Chicken Pasta dinner, was superb, very ample servings, and very freshly cooked and a great value at $9.95! There was enough leftover for lunch next day! Waitress very apologetic at slowness of kitchen, but food worth the wait. This location serves well-prepared and delicious food. Others in area tend to "over-cook" and "over season". Manager was bussing tables, interacting with guests, and assisting waitstaff. Thank you O'Charley's for showing our Veterans your appreciation. You will have our continued patronage!!

Reviewed 6 September 2013

We went for Lunch last Wednesday after 1 PM and was told that we would have to wait as they were busy since this was free pie Wednesday before we could be seated. There were empty tables in the restaurant and they were not that busy. After waiting longer than the time stated, we left and went to another restaurant where we got prompt friendly service and good food. I complained to their cooperate office and got a call from their local regional Manager who apologized but didn't offer me any incentive to return to this local restaurant. He admitted that this should not have happened as they were not that busy on this day and if I have this problem again to ask for him by name.

Reviewed 28 April 2013

I was very impressed with the friendly, professional people that work at the Hiram O'Charleys. I did call the day before to tell the manager to expect us and we were told to call 20 minutes before we arrive. I felt that it was to let them know how many people to expect in our party. Our table was ready to go when we arrived and our waitress was amazing. We did ask for refills on the complimentary rolls and I know for a fact (because I asked) that their rolls take 14 minutes to bake.
Yes the restaurant was busy and we had to wait for rolls but our waitress told us that she would have fresh rolls out for us as soon as they came out of the oven. I have to admit that the ones fresh out of the oven are the best! My entire family had a great time, great food and even the manager took time to come check on us. I really like O'Charleys but Hiram is my favorite.

Reviewed 27 April 2013

Met a friend for lunch at O'Charley's recently. They were really great. Hadn't seen my friend in years so we had a lot to talk about....we spent a long time chatting and no one made us feel rushed! We had wonderful food and service. Thanks so much!

Been to O'Charley's? Share your experiences!