“Very average ”

Ranked #43 of 84 Restaurants in Hiram
Price range: US$5 - US$20
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

A group of 12 of us ate here one evening about a week ago and really we're not impressed. Service was lacking and slow, possibly our server was inexperienced. Food was so-so. I had a strawberry and avocado salad, and if there was one ounce of grilled chicken, I was lucky. What really was surprising was how empty this restaurant was at 6:30 on a Thursday night. I don't think this is normally a quiet time for an Applebee's?

There are newer reviews for Applebee's

Reviewed 15 April 2014

Applebee's is a chain with a chain mentality. The food is based on corporate menus and recipes, and while not wildly imaginative is very good, properly done and the service is what makes the difference. Our server was Alyssa and she was attentive and interested, got the order right and was always cheerful and smiling.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Have eaten here two days in a row for lunch. Both times ordered the lunch combo of the Turkey, bacon, avocado sandwich and french onion soup. Both were very delishious. The first day, the waitress seemed to not care if our drinks needed refilled and it took a very long time to get our checks. The second day, service was slightly better. However, my coworker ordered oil and vinegar for her salad dressing. The waitress brought out the oil and vinegar dispensers and put them on the table. They looked so dirty that my coworker wouldn't touch them and and ate her salad without dressing.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

My wife and I ate after 4PM and got the $5 Monday night fresh burger special. I had the cheddar cheese bacon burger and my wife had the American cheese burger. We both had a baked potato. The burgers were excellent with delicious hamburger buns. The baked potatoes had no flavor and were not very good. Suggest ordering a different side next time. The service was slow and we had to ask for mayo and butter several times before receiving them. They were suppose to be brought with our meal.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

trouble getting a table. the new healthier menu is awesome. portions are just right and the service is always great.