“Great catfish place!”

Cuisines: American
United States
“Great catfish place!”
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Certainly in the top two best catfish restaurants I have been to. Wife and I had the 3 piece catfish fillet. The fish is perfectly cooked and seasoned. Not at all greasy. Cole slaw is different from any I have had but it works well with the fish. The tartar sauce is good and the hushpuppies were again some of the best I've had. Service was fast and the food was on our table in no more than 5 minutes. It is a family run restaurant with a comfortable homey feel. (Maybe it was the fire in the fireplace when you first enter.) So why only 4 stars? The fries were clearly frozen and just didn't measure up to the rest of the freshly prepared meal. We will definitely return the next time we are in the area.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank wkelly5688

Eatonton, Georgia
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent catfish, seafood, and steaks!”
Reviewed 25 March 2013

Great food, especially the catfish...fantastic owners and staff! They also have superb seafood and steaks. I drive 50 miles 2 to 3 times a month to eat here, which means I eat here often.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank MADISON B
Thomaston
“OMG!”
Reviewed 23 December 2011

I wanted so much to like this restaurant. It is in a good location and I alway love to try restaurants that are owned locally. However, my steak was tough and over cooked and the salad was limp and turning brown. My husband's steak was also not good. We stopped at Wendy's on the way out of town because we were still hungry.

Powder Springs, Georgia
“Good Catfish close to High Falls Campground”
Reviewed 23 October 2011

My husband loved the catfish, fries, and salad. I had a steak which was average. I should have ordered the coleslaw instead of a salad because it looked delicious. The building is old and not much to look at but the restaurant has an old home feel to it. The servers were very friendly and it was obvious this is a family operation. We'd eat there again!

Visited October 2011