“Nice little Ranch!”
Review of Seventy-four Ranch

Seventy-four Ranch
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Reviewed 6 October 2011

What a great spot! Stayed in the Overlook Suite, loved the balcony and claw foot tub. The owners Pam and Larry were super nice and knowledgable about Jasper and the surrounding areas. Horsebacking riding was great with a "real cowboy".Much better then the normal boring trail ride I have experienced at many resorts. I took some great pictures of the longhorns cows and ever fun Jack Russells dogs were quite entertaining. The only negative was the sound of the trucks I could hear from my room at night, so I would probably return on a weekned or stay in the main house.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank pauletteAtlanta
There are newer reviews for Seventy-four Ranch

Reviewed 6 August 2011

Seventy-four B&B was a delightful surprise. I did get a full tour of all the accommodations and particularly liked the Overlook as well as the great 4 bunk beds in one of the cabins where the parents had their own master bedroom. The cowboy house is so unique where you can wake up with a horse looking into your bedroom. Looking out on the property from the house, the ranch owns the land as far as you see and plenty of room to wander around, fish, ride, watch the horses and cattle roam the pasture. Pam is such a wonderful hostess and the town of Jasper begs exploring as well as some delightful restaurants in town after the fabulous breakfast at the Seventy-Four. I also brought my Great Pyrenees there and she loved it and got along well with the ranch's dogs. Pam had the cutest litter of puppies when I was there, always a treat to play with puppies. A great place for a family get away or even a romantic get away or a solo get away just for some regrouping time. Plenty of room to roam on a 1200 acre ranch.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank knees999
Reviewed 31 July 2011

We left earlier because we could not sleep due to the loud cars and trucks speeding by our room. The air conditioner did not cool the room. The fact that we would have to share a bathroom on the second night with a family really turned us off. We decided to leave a day earlier.

We took a 4 hour horse ride and felt like
our guides were not looking out for our safety because they rode so far ahead of us. Both my husband and I had a terrible time with our horses when motorcycle drove up upon us. I almost fell off my horse and my husbands horse almost crossed over Highway 53. After that happened the guides should of stayed very close to us, however, they did
not. They seemed to be more interested in talking with each other than with making sure we were ok.

The whole stay was a let down. I did enjoy the dogs.

• Stayed: July 2011
13  Thank jennyvincent
Reviewed 12 June 2011

The accommodations were lovely, comfortable, and clean. A scrumptious breakfast of fresh fruit, bacon and french toast setup the day for great hiking and riding. Pam is a fabulous hostess and cook. Larry entertained us with stories on the history of the house and the previous home owner and family members. Pam and Larry provided us with a tour of the house. We met their 7 newest family members. Their Jack Russell had seven puppies a couple of weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms and cabins are very nice.
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A_GMaddox
Reviewed 4 October 2010

Pam and Larry provided us with a carefree weekend to have our wedding. They were easy going and treated us as more than guest.
They allowed our children and dogs to roam free without worry in there 3 acre fenced yard.
It was a memorable weekend.
We will definitely be back to see them soon.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cjnwildfire
Reviewed 30 August 2010

My boyfriend, my dog, and I made a last minute decision to go out for the weekend. We ended up going to the 74 Ranch in JAsper! Absoluetly beautiful and simply relaxing! Ariel (the dog) had a blast with Larry and Pam's dogs. She slept the whole ride home! Chris and I just enjoyed laying around the ranch on the very nicely furnished porch area. Our room,The Blie Room, was beautiful and cool. The next morning we woke up for breakfast, made by Maria, excellent cook! Everything was perfect. Larry and Pam were very kind and made us feel at home. The Hospitality was amazing.Chris and I have every intention of going back and enjoying ourselfs again!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kcarver22
Reviewed 19 August 2010

My husband and I wanted to find a nice and quiet place to vacation/relax before our baby is to be born. I am so glad that I landed on the Seventy-four Ranch. I have read other reviews and in the front of the property is highway 53 but wasn't overbearing. We stayed in the Overlook Suite and barely heard any traffic. If we did, it wasn't disturbing at all. Maybe it is different if lodging in the main house.

Pam and Larry made us feel very comfortable during our stay. They took out the time to sit and chat with us and play with our two dogs. Also, Manny, the man who works the farm was also quite hospitable. He asked if we needed anything or to show us around the acres of property to go see the horses and cattle. He would also bring out espresso or coffee as well as sit and pet our dogs as well.

There are many places to lounge on the ranch for relaxtion. I think I spent most of the time on the back porch with my crochet watching all the dogs romp and play.

If you do travel with your dogs, there is a 3 acre fenced-in area for them to run free. I never worried about their safety. The other dogs (large and small) welcomed the dogs the moment we arrived. Our dogs settled in very comfortably. Even when we left to eat in Jasper, we let our dogs stay outside in the area and I didn't have one worry. They were also allowed to go in and out of the house. Luckily, we were the only guests so I didn't worry about disturbing others.

The Overlook was quite comfy except it was a little warm. What can one expect with 100+ degree weather. The bed was soft and was easy to fall asleep. THere is a beautiful private porch in the Suite. Just open the french doors and take a seat outside and look at the beautiful countryside. Even with the heat, there was still a nice breeze.

The breakfast was also quite delicious. Pam took her time to tell us the history of the house and area. She was quite inviting to chat with and wanted to share her stories.

I will definitey travel here again. Our dogs loved it. My husband and I felt completely welcomed and comfortable.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank natalieh2006
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Forrest Hills Mountain Resort and Conference Center
Amicalola Falls Lodge
Amicalola Falls Lodge
#1 of 4 in Dawsonville
Best Western Mountain View Inn
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton
Holiday Inn Express Canton

Been to Seventy-four Ranch? Share your experiences!