“Cute, quick getaway”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Jasper
Atlanta
“Cute, quick getaway”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2011

My husband and I wanted to do a super short and quick getaway for our 6th anniversary. I happened to remember passing the 74 Ranch in Jasper one day on our way home from camping and decided to book us there since it was only about 30 minutes away from home. We were pleasantly surprised with the atmosphere of the ranch. We stayed in the Overlook Suite and it was AMAZING. You can see all the effort that went into creating the building and atmosphere. It is just a beautiful, beautiful room. It's a real rustic...not a fake "pretend" rustic. I can not say enough about how wonderful the room was to stay in. From the real working wood burning stove to the restored 1800s claw foot bath tub, the care and attention to the room is evident. The bed was very comfortable and super clean.The only small problem, as many have mentioned, is the proximity of the building to the road...there was a small amount of noise (and headlights shining in at night through the skylights above the windows) but that is all easily overlooked in light of the room itself. The owners Larry and Pam are very nice and thoughtful. We brought our dog and she enjoyed the stay as well! We also went for a short ride..and wish we could have gone longer. If you are looking for a nice short getaway (without the super fancy luxuries) this is a nice place! My husband absolutely fell in love with it and can't wait to go back. I think it made him want to be a cowboy!

Room Tip: The overlook suite is the best (in my opinion) simply because it's more luxury than the others w...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank nikkecole

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
atlanta
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 October 2011

What a great spot! Stayed in the Overlook Suite, loved the balcony and claw foot tub. The owners Pam and Larry were super nice and knowledgable about Jasper and the surrounding areas. Horsebacking riding was great with a "real cowboy".Much better then the normal boring trail ride I have experienced at many resorts. I took some great pictures of the longhorns cows and ever fun Jack Russells dogs were quite entertaining. The only negative was the sound of the trucks I could hear from my room at night, so I would probably return on a weekned or stay in the main house.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank pauletteAtlanta
Atlanta, Ga.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2011

Seventy-four B&B was a delightful surprise. I did get a full tour of all the accommodations and particularly liked the Overlook as well as the great 4 bunk beds in one of the cabins where the parents had their own master bedroom. The cowboy house is so unique where you can wake up with a horse looking into your bedroom. Looking out on the property from the house, the ranch owns the land as far as you see and plenty of room to wander around, fish, ride, watch the horses and cattle roam the pasture. Pam is such a wonderful hostess and the town of Jasper begs exploring as well as some delightful restaurants in town after the fabulous breakfast at the Seventy-Four. I also brought my Great Pyrenees there and she loved it and got along well with the ranch's dogs. Pam had the cutest litter of puppies when I was there, always a treat to play with puppies. A great place for a family get away or even a romantic get away or a solo get away just for some regrouping time. Plenty of room to roam on a 1200 acre ranch.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
2 Thank knees999
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2011

We left earlier because we could not sleep due to the loud cars and trucks speeding by our room. The air conditioner did not cool the room. The fact that we would have to share a bathroom on the second night with a family really turned us off. We decided to leave a day earlier.

We took a 4 hour horse ride and felt like
our guides were not looking out for our safety because they rode so far ahead of us. Both my husband and I had a terrible time with our horses when motorcycle drove up upon us. I almost fell off my horse and my husbands horse almost crossed over Highway 53. After that happened the guides should of stayed very close to us, however, they did
not. They seemed to be more interested in talking with each other than with making sure we were ok.

The whole stay was a let down. I did enjoy the dogs.

• Stayed July 2011
13 Thank jennyvincent

Travellers are raving about these Jasper hotels

Buford, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2011

The accommodations were lovely, comfortable, and clean. A scrumptious breakfast of fresh fruit, bacon and french toast setup the day for great hiking and riding. Pam is a fabulous hostess and cook. Larry entertained us with stories on the history of the house and the previous home owner and family members. Pam and Larry provided us with a tour of the house. We met their 7 newest family members. Their Jack Russell had seven puppies a couple of weeks ago. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will look forward to the next visit.

Room Tip: All the rooms and cabins are very nice.
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank A_GMaddox
Marshall, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 October 2010

Pam and Larry provided us with a carefree weekend to have our wedding. They were easy going and treated us as more than guest.
They allowed our children and dogs to roam free without worry in there 3 acre fenced yard.
It was a memorable weekend.
We will definitely be back to see them soon.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cjnwildfire
Powder Springs, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 August 2010

My boyfriend, my dog, and I made a last minute decision to go out for the weekend. We ended up going to the 74 Ranch in JAsper! Absoluetly beautiful and simply relaxing! Ariel (the dog) had a blast with Larry and Pam's dogs. She slept the whole ride home! Chris and I just enjoyed laying around the ranch on the very nicely furnished porch area. Our room,The Blie Room, was beautiful and cool. The next morning we woke up for breakfast, made by Maria, excellent cook! Everything was perfect. Larry and Pam were very kind and made us feel at home. The Hospitality was amazing.Chris and I have every intention of going back and enjoying ourselfs again!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank kcarver22
Also consider these accommodations in or near Jasper
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Jasper
Golf Club Villas
Golf Club Villas
#1 of 1 in Marble Hill
Hampton Inn Atlanta Canton

Been to Seventy-four Ranch? Share your experiences!