“Good food”

Price range: US$6 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Good food for a good price but service was slow. It took almost 45 minutes to get our food. We went a second time and the same thing happened. My daughter and I had soup with our meals and the soup actually came after we were done with our main courses.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

You might expect a few country-fried restaurants in Jasper, GA in the gateway to the Appalachian mountians. Not so. Instead there's a lot of them for a small town. But along came this restaurant called Fatz a few years ago and gave the dining community of Jasper a distict higher level of choice.
In between the sea of fast-food/grits & gravey places and the worn-thin high-end Woodbridge Inn, is where Fatz fits perfectly. It's casual, but with a solid dose of class. The people who work there seem to give-a-care and from the greeters, to the servers, to the managers, one is made to feel special. The atmosphere is warm and cozy --especially the booths --and the lower lighting adds a sort of elegance too.

And you might expect the meals at Fatz then to be a little pricy? Sorry. Most entrees --even at dinner --are in the $10-$13 range, and the selection should please everyone in your party. It's served promptly and hot (mostly) and often before you are done eating their great little rolls with applebutter.

Their specialty is Calabash chicken (I didn't say you would entirely get away from chicken in Jasper). I don't pretend to know what that is, but it sure is good and tastes like no other types of chicken prep I've ever eatin. And Fatz gives you ample portions. My wife and I often need a to-go box.

Whether it's a special occassion or just a spontaneus get-a-way dinner (or lunch), I highly recommed Fatz in Jasper. I suspect their other locations around north Geaorgia and beyond are good too.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

There were 12 of us who ate there earlier today and thoroughly enjoyed it. Miranda waited on us and she did a great job of tending to our needs.
The food was great from the ribs to their excellent fried chicken. I had an appy that I can't remember the name of but it came in a like a stick and had some heat to it, it was great!

Try them out while in the Jasper area.

Good eatin'!

Reviewed 4 March 2014

The food has no flavor..Am still surprised people still flock to this restaurant. Have tried four times and each time ends up the same way...flavorless food. Will not be back. Sorry.

1  Thank Southerngal112
CafeEnterprises, Manager at FATZ, responded to this reviewResponded 6 March 2014

Dear Madam:

We sincerely appreciate your feedback as we can only get better by learning from our guest. It’s always our intention to provide an exceptional dining experience along with great service and food to all of our guests and we hope that you’ll accept our sincerest apologies for falling short on providing an enjoyable dining experience during your visit. Again, we thank you for your feedback.

Jim Marchman, Operating Partner
8800 Noah Ave.
Jasper, GA 30143
706.692.0003
fatzjasper@fatz.com

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Food and service is always consistent. The staff is always extra friendly and the food is always great!

Been to FATZ? Share your experiences!